Non PC variations

JCFalkenbergIII

A Red X means the aircraft isn't flyable, hence this play on the Red Flag exercise. The DD is when you have to juggle available aircraft against the flying schedule, causing all kinds of problems for the maintenance troops just to generate the required sorties.

Randy

post-8832-1285297648.jpg

Here's a few more along the same themes. More Pin-Up Girls riding the Hell Fire Missile: Q Troop, 4-2nd CAV; R Troop 4-3rd CAV; and another Task Force Rochambeau; the adjacent TF Rochambeau is a “morale” patch with the ‘Not Permitted’ red diagonal line across the naked woman with a martini in her right hand and an Air Medal in her left hand. The next patch is also a “morale” patch and is a commentary on the Firing Range Controller, the radio hand set in her left hand, the CAV Stetson on her head, and the “Target Effect?” question being asked of the flight crew after an engagement, not what the crew wants to hear over the open radio net. :pinch: The C Troop, 1-17th CAV “Miss Guided” referring to the pin-up girl with the crossed Hell-fire Guided Missiles behind her is a nice touch. The other patches here are self explanatory for the most part.

post-14882-1285380835.jpg

Here's another 175th AVN Co 'Outlaws" and next to it is a pin-up girl riding the horizontal stabilator of a UH-60 Black Hawk. The rest are CH-47 Chinook AVN Company patches and tag stickers.

post-14882-1285381243.jpg

Gotta love it, man!! (The "Elvis" patch)

Sabrejet :twothumbup:

Her's mine. If I only would know what unit that is?

Elvis.jpg

Keeping with the Elvis theme, thou I don't know why this would be considered Non-PC, unless it’s because he's no longer with us, or is he???? Anyway, here are two good examples, the 3rd Platoon of the 377th Medical Company's Forward Support MEDEVAC Team (FSMT) stationed in South Korea. Then there's this one from B Co, 1st BN of the 101st Aviation Regiment, 101st Airborne (Air Assault) Division, Ft. Campbell, KY. This unit is equipped with the AH-64D Longbow Apache Advanced Attack Helicopter and use the call sign "Baercats" the patch also reflects the symbol used on Elvis Presley's fleet of aircraft, the "TCB" with a lightning bolt which was placed on the sides of the vertical tail fins of his aircraft fleet. The "TCB" with the lightning bolt means "Taken Care of Business Lightning Fast!" An appropriate sentiment for an attack helicopter unit.

post-14882-1286157304.jpg

Thats an interesting patch ,must be a "dont ask ,dont tell" one - Phill

Well, you did ask! Here's a take on the first AF unt to be formed if DADT is removed...

Randy

post-8832-1286387108.jpg

HERE ARE A FEW THEATER MADE -NOT SO PC AIR FORCE PATCHES. ALL WERE MADE IN QATAR EXCEPT ONE.

post-1604-1286592053.jpg

post-1604-1286592124.jpg

post-1604-1286592164.jpg

post-1604-1286592207.jpg

post-1604-1286592247.jpg

post-1604-1286592277.jpg

THIS ONE WAS MADE IN KOREA. FOR MY CREW.

post-1604-1286592350.jpg

vintageproductions

Guys there has been some great stuff posted here.

My only suggestion is, if you are lifting any of these images off of people's website, please give the website credit.

I know this is not a patch, but I think I'm gonna have some made. Got this photo the other day and started wondering why his nose looked so odd.....Then got pleasantly surprised.

post-2063-1287750032.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
OK, another one with Bill from Bloom County. As some one else stated, one of my all time favorite comic strips. TEXCEN
Here’s one I did for a ICBM missile test launch out of Vandenberg, a Peacekeeper launch. I’m told that among all the test launches they’ve had this launch is the ONLY one that never had an “official” patch for it because they obviously never approved this one. I was going to put a clear blue sky in the original image and had forgotten to do it, something that irks me to this day.

GloryTripO4PA.jpg

I was asked to do a downright obscene patch design for a aviation unit once, I mean I wouldn't even post the finished version here if I'd gone through with it. I explained to the rotor guys that their idea woul be unwearable, even among men. They decided better of it.

Salvage Sailor

From my USN Salvage collection, Vietnam Era

a variation of the "Divers do it Deeper" slogan

ASR_10_Patch_lg_01.jpg

I have seen this one listed as the 18th Fighter Squadron out of Eielson AFB. Does anyone know if that's true? Robert

looks like this patch is missing some writing

post-1786-1289864092.jpg

And another racial stereotype one. The 154th Fighter Group. Robert

I don't think there's any stereotype there, just a depiction of a typical Hawaiian warrior wearing a mask. I think folks are reading too much into this one, it is official insingnia. If there was any doubt it would be yanked. Look how the 80 Fighter Sq has been modified over the years to be more PC, and other units like the 1st FS with Miss Fury have been inactivated, and I bet we never see that one again.

Randy

JCFalkenbergIII
I don't think there's any stereotype there, just a depiction of a typical Hawaiian warrior wearing a mask. I think folks are reading too much into this one, it is official insingnia. If there was any doubt it would be yanked. Look how the 80 Fighter Sq has been modified over the years to be more PC, and other units like the 1st FS with Miss Fury have been inactivated, and I bet we never see that one again.

Randy

They may be true Randy. IMO the use of what alot of non Hawaiians may think of what a Hawaiian warrior looks like is what I mean by being stereotypical. Though you really can't tell what type of warrior the figure is meant to represent. It looks more like an African witch doctor then anything else I think.Robert

They may be true Randy. IMO the use of what alot of non Hawaiians may think of what a Hawaiian warrior looks like is what I mean by being stereotypical. Though you really can't tell what type of warrior the figure is meant to represent. It looks more like an African witch doctor then anything else I think.Robert

Having worked with this unit, most of the folks assigned are native Hawaiians. Their maintenance patch has another version of the warrior, and the 199 FS also has the warrior mask. They seem to like it, they used to zap our jets with the mask stickers at every opportunity!

Randy

JCFalkenbergIII
Having worked with this unit, most of the folks assigned are native Hawaiians. Their maintenance patch has another version of the warrior, and the 199 FS also has the warrior mask. They seem to like it, they used to zap our jets with the mask stickers at every opportunity!

Randy

When I think of a Hawaiian warrior I tend to think of this kind like the one for the 292nd Combat Communications Squadron :) . Robert