TWILL PATCHS

guillaume le ouf

guillaume le ouf

Hello,

a another else patchs...

these my small patchs twill collection...

I have trouble to identify 3...

- a star with a device: THE VARSITY

and 2 patchs... the diffrence on the 2 patchs is one have 2 stars and aother have 3 stars...

thx a lot!!

guillaume ;)

post-1489-1186349193.jpg

Laury Allison

A close up of the patches in question would help a lot.

I think the Varsity one is the 86th Signal Battalion and the other two are the North Carolina NG NCO Academy. The stars on those signify the different levels of NCO education.

Post some close up images and we'll be able to confirm these for you.

Laury

guillaume le ouf

Voici le résultat de votre traduction :

hello, I go tried to make some today even... thank you very much of your assistances! in a friendly way thumbsup.gif

vintageproductions

The Varsity patch is definately the 86th signal. The two with the stars look like a NCO academy of some sorts. The bottom three ( the skull with Death before dishonor and the two Special Forces patches), are copies being made in Vietnam.

Laury Allison

Yes, the 86th Signal Battalion. The is the older design of the crest and was most likely used as a pocket patch for wear on fatigues. The 2 with stars are the North Carolina National Guard Military Academy patches for NCO courses. The 1972 patch is an armor qualification patch.

Laury

guillaume le ouf

thx all!!

a question: why a school have some twill patch? I think the twill be a made fabric for vietnam only..

thx

vintageproductions

Twill subdued patches were used all the way into the 80's. You will see a lot of Korean and German made patches embroidered on twill.

guillaume le ouf
Twill subdued patches were used all the way into the 80's. You will see a lot of Korean and German made patches embroidered on twill.

ok i never seen it... have you got some examples?

thx

vintageproductions
subtwills.JPGHere are four different twill patches used post-Vietnam. The top two are German mades on twill, from the late 1970's-1980's. The one in the lower left corner is a Korean made on twill, from post-Vietnam. The bottom right is a Thailand unit patch that is from the mid-80's to early 90's. They still use twill similar to what the US used during Vietnam.

guillaume le ouf
post-492-1186427034.jpgHere are four different twill patches used post-Vietnam. The top two are German mades on twill, from the late 1970's-1980's. The one in the lower left corner is a Korean made on twill, from post-Vietnam. The bottom right is a Thailand unit patch that is from the mid-80's to early 90's. They still use twill similar to what the US used during Vietnam.

top thumbsup.gif

ok thx!