Help Re Airborne Oval

howardl

Here is a background oval that is on a tailored enlisted Ike jacket with 101st shoulder sleeve insignia that appears to be occupation period. I am uncertain if the uniform is entirely original or has been "played with." All of the metallic insignia including the jump wings and lapel disks (infantry) are good WWII vintage all with WWII era Ballou clutches. There are four ribbons (good conduct, Euro-Africa-Mid East, victory and occupation). The uniform lacks a ruptured duck or prior unit right side patch. There is one enlistment stripe and three overseas bars on the lower left sleeve. The pockets are sewn down so I cannot find a depot tag. There is an id stamp "M-8278." The background oval appears more modern than the other insignia on the uniform to me. The center of the oval is red, surrounded by a second yellow band and a third very wide maroon outer border. So, what do you think: original or no? What is the unit?

Thanks,

HOWARD LANHAM

post-8019-1282296684.jpg

Here is a background oval that is on a tailored enlisted Ike jacket with 101st shoulder sleeve insignia that appears to be occupation period. I am uncertain if the uniform is entirely original or has been "played with." All of the metallic insignia including the jump wings and lapel disks (infantry) are good WWII vintage all with WWII era Ballou clutches. There are four ribbons (good conduct, Euro-Africa-Mid East, victory and occupation). The uniform lacks a ruptured duck or prior unit right side patch. There is one enlistment stripe and three overseas bars on the lower left sleeve. The pockets are sewn down so I cannot find a depot tag. There is an id stamp "M-8278." The background oval appears more modern than the other insignia on the uniform to me. The center of the oval is red, surrounded by a second yellow band and a third very wide maroon outer border. So, what do you think: original or no? What is the unit?

Thanks,

HOWARD LANHAM

The oval is post world war 2. It is for the 101st Abn Div Support Command.