"Snowflake" Wings

rosieres64

As I am new to wing collecting, I would like to know about "snowflake" wings. I am aware of the design on the reverse but what is its significance

and why was this done.

Thanks

As I am new to wing collecting, I would like to know about "snowflake" wings. I am aware of the design on the reverse but what is its significance

and why was this done.

Thanks

Hi rosieres64,

Go to the "forum toolbar" mid-way up above this screen and type "snowflake" in the SEARCH section to see all the threads that have ever been posted related to snowflake wings. Caution, you'll probably get more information about them than you had been hoping for. :lol:

Adding to that, most snowflake badges were made from a lower quality alloy than STERLING and sold for a lot less.

:pinch: Now we will probably get some negative feedback on this next statement; but based on my experience many years ago, the primary "middle man" for selling snowflake badges were the multitude of Army & Navy Stores that opened for business just after World War II, and which catered primarily to civilians.

Cliff

:pinch: Now we will probably get some negative feedback on this next statement; but based on my experience many years ago, the primary "middle man" for selling snowflake badges were the multitude of Army & Navy Stores that opened for business just after World War II, and which catered primarily to civilians.

Cliff

I need to add to this the fact that you can find a seller in China (on Ebay) that is always selling an AMCRAFT marked wing with the snowflake pattern they are known for. Although the seller states they are real the opposite is true. I exchanged offline emails and asked if I could buy more than one... after several emails the seller could provide me 50!

PS this is not to say all snowflake wings are bad but be careful.

John