If you don't have the room ,this may be the way to go !

M35A2runner

post-8988-1282233363.jpgpost-8988-1282233376.jpg

This is some thing i have been doing for the year, i found it cheaper and takes up less room then cases. it is a electric bag sealer. it works on and plastic bags from cut down house hold zip lock bags to base ball card covers. as well as the rolled bag material it was designed for. even the binder document holders that may come acid free, this machine i picked up at a swap meet for $10- the guy had no clue what it was used for. this one is a 10'' and they come larger. i have used it on photos, patches, canvas gear and medals. hope this helps some one !

SocietyBrandHatCo
post-8988-1282233363.jpgpost-8988-1282233376.jpg

This is some thing i have been doing for the year, i found it cheaper and takes up less room then cases. it is a electric bag sealer. it works on and plastic bags from cut down house hold zip lock bags to base ball card covers. as well as the rolled bag material it was designed for. even the binder document holders that may come acid free, this machine i picked up at a swap meet for $10- the guy had no clue what it was used for. this one is a 10'' and they come larger. i have used it on photos, patches, canvas gear and medals. hope this helps some one !

Good idea.

• 2 months later...

I probably have at least a dozen of those bag sealers (8, 12, & 14") along with 100's of thousands (possibly millions!) of poly-bags (rolls and cut type) in numerous sizes in the my storage room that were left over from my packaging business. Out-of-sight, out-of-mind!!! I need to get motivated and put them up for sale.

It might be worth some homework on the archival properties of that plastic: is the it harmful to metal. cloth, paper, etc. over the long run, does moisture get trapped in there, etc?

It might be worth some homework on the archival properties of that plastic: is the it harmful to metal. cloth, paper, etc. over the long run, does moisture get trapped in there, etc?

I just found a National Park Service webpage on conversation and they say:

Packing and storing photographs, negatives, and slides differ somewhat from the methods and materials used for paper records. Photographs should be stored in individual sleeves that are non-buffered, have a neutral pH, and are made of archival quality paper or inert plastics, such as polyethylene.

It sounds like it might be a good idea then to verify the plastic you use is polyethylene.