Civil War belt buckle...original or fake??

ncweo

A friend of mine purchased this recently at an antiques store. I know nothing about civil war militaria and he would like to know if it is real or fake. It was identified by the store owner as a "Civil War Navy Belt Buckle, False-Two Piece." What are your opinions on this one. Is there a better place to post this to get the answers. Thanks as always.

DSC02128.jpg

DSC02138.jpg

DSC02129.jpg

DSC02131.jpg

DSC02133.jpgDSC02135.jpg

Thanks for your help. Do you know the range (high and low) this would typically sale for?

If it was bought at an antique store labled as a "Civil War Naval Belt Buckle - False Two Piece", I sure it was greatly overpriced. 20th Century USN belt buckles are extremely common and a very tough sell. With a belt one might sell for $50 to $75 to someone who wants to display it on a uniform. Without a belt, you'd be lucky to get half that.

Kurt

If it was bought at an antique store labled as a "Civil War Naval Belt Buckle - False Two Piece", I sure it was greatly overpriced. 20th Century USN belt buckles are extremely common and a very tough sell. With a belt one might sell for $50 to $75 to someone who wants to display it on a uniform. Without a belt, you'd be lucky to get half that.

Kurt