WW2 USMC EGA

34BDQ

I do not collect EGA's, and would like a opinion on this item. I have not seen this item showing Cuba, and would like to find information on this piece. Thanks in advance

post-468-1185595873.jpg

post-468-1185595921.jpg

Your emblem is the standard EM Model of 1937. With that particular finish, I'm guessing a later WWII - post WWII piece directly after the war time metals restrictions were lifted. The brass roller looks much later, so might be a replacement from a later emblem. It's getting harder and harder to find these M1937's with a 100% finish, so you've got a nice one.

Gary

This is the last one (I think) from the lot. The guy use to live in San Diego. Thats where he got these and some of the patches I have for sell. Is this one an older one as well? Interestingly none of these are marked anywhere. Is that correct?

post-98-1186260433.jpg

post-98-1186260440.jpg

that's correct, most enlisted EGAs were unmarked. this is the typical WWII enlistman'd garrison cover EGA, Model 1937, usually go for between 20-35 dollars, on the lower end without the nut

• 8 months later...
robert60446

Hi guys,

I’m happy to report this M37 cover to active forum duty…maybe not in mint condition but with tons of character in my opinion…

post-2829-1207942717.jpg

• 9 months later...

Nothing special, just thought I'd share. The first he screwpost was cut and a pin was placed on, most likely as a sweetheart piece. Pretty neat with a nice quality pin. The second is an ordinary M37, but what is cool about it is the veteran replaced a missing washer with a Japanese coin, probably in theater, most likely during the occupation. I remember seeing a WWI piece posted here by another member with the same thing done with a French coin, so thought I'd share

Misc_37.JPG

Misc_37_2.JPG