Manhattan Project Certificate

Got da Penny

Got da Penny

Hey Gang, I was wanting opinions on the "Scarcity" of these Atomic Bomb / Manhattan Certificates Appreciation Awards. ??

Do these turn up for sale often ??

What would be a fair Market Price if i wanted to add one to my collection? :think:

Thanks for all opinions.

Carey

post-633-1281930507.jpg

Hey Gang, I was wanting opinions on the "Scarcity" of these Atomic Bomb / Manhattan Certificates Appreciation Awards. ??

Do these turn up for sale often ??

What would be a fair Market Price if i wanted to add one to my collection? :think:

Thanks for all opinions.

Carey

post-633-1281930507.jpg

I had a guy answer one of my ad's with one of these. I think I said it was worth $50 to me, and he didnt take my offer. However, he must have been flogging it for awhile because I got a call from the same guy a number of months later (he'd forgotten that he'd already dealt with me) trying to sell the same certificate, and I told him the same thing. I don't think they're overly rare, just scarce.

Nice document!! First one I've seen! I wonder if my grandmother was awarded this. She

worked in Oak Ridge, TN which had a role the development of the bomb.

Taken from Wikipedia:

"Oak Ridge was established in the early 1940s as a base for the Manhattan Project—the massive U.S. government operation that developed the atomic bomb. Scientific development still plays a crucial role in the city's economy and culture in general."