Death card

erctut1

This my Great Grandfather who I am having a very hard time researching. I got this from my dad's cousin. I think it's pretty neat. But don't you think the border looks wrong? If this card was made in 1925 when he died why would there be WW2 looking equipment? What do you think?

post-11587-1281924884.jpg

No one had 4-engined bombers in 1925 that looked like a B-17. Also count the stars on the Flag; that may date it more accurately.

Any luck on your research of his service records?

Steve

No one had 4-engined bombers in 1925 that looked like a B-17. Also count the stars on the Flag; that may date it more accurately.

Any luck on your research of his service records?

Steve

Someone must have wanted to jazz it up cause the picture also looks pasted on. Either way it's still very neat. No luck researching him yet. I want to say about 4 months ago I sent in a request for him and my other great grandfather. A few weeks ago I received my other grandfathers records but have heard anything about this one yet. Two weeks ago I actually sent in another request because I think I found his service number. The archives sure take a long time. I just hope they will find something this time.

Also count the stars on the Flag; that may date it more accurately.

Steve

There were 48 stars on the flag from 1912 till 1959. The border is definately from the WWII period.