Security Forces

erctut1

I was up at Minot AFB last weekend and he gave me this since he didn't need it anymore. I'm not familiar with field gear so I was hoping you could tell me what this is. I'm not sure if that's where the holster goes I just stuck it on there. Thanks for your help!

Eric

post-11587-1281581066.jpg

Neat vest. It looks like it has been modified by taking off the original pouches off the right panel and replaced it with different ammo pouches. Note colour difference.

Light tac vest you commonly saw on our gate guys in BDU's. I haven't seen the pouches worn that way, only straight up and down. So that's a modification of some sort on his part. The holster usually goes on the wearers right leg or the front of the vest.

it is an aftermarket eagle industries tac vest model -D (which is for -Detachable panels). As you can see panels are held on by velcra and snaps and could be changed.

i think a unit purchase, not a large issue item (as most of the item you see today).

There are some photos of this precise model in use with security forces, even though you will see very different styles in use.

060822-f-2907c-229.jpg

Light tac vest you commonly saw on our gate guys in BDU's. I haven't seen the pouches worn that way, only straight up and down. So that's a modification of some sort on his part. The holster usually goes on the wearers right leg or the front of the vest.
He is a missile cop. I'll have to ask him if he modded it. Thanks.