M26 Varient

Brig

what do you guys think on this? identical to an officer emblem, only without applied continents. Private Purchase for enlisted, or one where the continents just fell off the guide? I'd say the latter, but I see Cuba on there...authorized for officers I know as evident with the BB&B M37 but H&H didn't apply a Cuba

_Bzhg8zQBGk___KGrHqJ__hQEw5Gw4_ezBMW__meiz____3.jpg

Tim,

This a known version of the HH enlisted insignia. To make it an officer version, a one piece continent was simply added. I believe that HH took cost prohibitive measures during the 1920's and 1930's. I have seen the same done with the Meyer version of the P1926.

The "droop wing" is one of the most widely versioned of all of the different types. There are wing variations, and many mount variations (pinback, screw post, mini screw post, and combination mini and regular screw post).

I also believe that the Meyer and HH versions were private purchased, and that the standard version we all see at any given time on the internet are issue.

Mike

I believe the seller also had an enlisted dual post version listed without the continent

I took a lope to me officer version, and indeed did see Cuba wedged in there. I wasn't sure it was an enlisted varient over an officer piece that just happened to lose the continents