Multicam again

korea drab

Misanthropic_Gods

shinola man, looks like it!

Too much for me right now, but snag that baby up! It looks like its the 09 contract that they were using to trial over in Afghanistan with UCP-D!

I really want a set of GI multicam for my collection, but it's just a matter of time before it starts showing up at flea markets and thrift stores. No way I'd pay over $200 for a shirt! I remember when ACUs were hard to get too and now you practically can't give them away.

I absolutely agree with you. I've the number of prototype produced for the multicam jacket, pants and helmet cover. They were produced in really big quantity in comparison with others experimental items. By example, CCU.

Here's the informations I've about Multicam :

The experimental jacket was produced in 5440 exemplar. There's also 5400 trousers produced and 1200 helmet covers in multicam camo. They were produced as an urgent need for 1000 soldiers. There's 5 manufacturers in course for mass production : American Apparel, Crye Associated, SEKRI, BAE system speciality Group Inc & Source One.

here's contract number for each manufacturer :

W911QY-09-C-0203 American Apparel

W911QY-09-C-0210 BAE Systems

W911QY-09-P-0810 CRYE LLC

W911QY-09-P-0792 Source One

W911QY-09-P-0790 SEKRI

5400 jackets...it's a bigger production than CCU we can find in "big" quantity for reasonable price (between $100 to $200 a set depending on condition, size & model)... So a multicam jacket for $206 is really expensive. And I'm curious to see how many the buyer is ready to pay for others parts of the set (like by example helmet cover or trousers).... :thumbsup: :think:

Well, here's my opinion : wait and we'll be able to find them for a beter price. In my concerns, I dislike this camo and do not project to collect it. But well, we'll see later :rolleyes:

P-E

Bombe_Atomique

I've noticed that on a lot of (pictures of) ERDLs and tigers, but somehow wonder to see this on a modern piece of uniform:

what is the benefit to use the same part of the pattern fabric for the two halfs of the front side of jackets or the two legs of trousers, just on one of them upside down?

maybe 200$ for only the shirt is too much imho, even if it is a novelty item and no one could say if it will go to a full production or it will stop.

On the other hand i've seen a complete molle 2 kit (rucksack kit+the new vest+pouches+helmet cover) that went for 400$, and another that is 299 atm. sure it is high, but i thought it would go higher. It is about 2,5/3 times of a Acu kit which is common.

yes sure, I understand what you explain. But guy, I do a comparison with the desert CCU (close combat uniform). The information we have about CCU explains 'only' 2500 sets were produced. CCU was limited production and now we can find some CCU on ebay for reasonable prices (between $100 to $250). You can check on ebay, there's often 1 or two sets. This experimental uniform is well known and researched by collector as we are. But price are no more $250 for a set (jacket & trousers) !

The multicam is a new camo tested in Afghanistan. At this time, only a few sets arrives on ebay (si we can consider it now as a rare camo) and price are too expensives. But the first experimental mutlicam sets (as the one in pictures) were produced in 5400 sets...it's more than the double than CCU production.

So we'll certainly be able to find some more in future on ebay or other sources. I think it's 'stupid' to pay $200 for a jacket now, because we'll probably find some more in future, as for CCU now. Do you understand ?

And can you add link on USMF to see the lots you speak about ?

P-E

here's the kit that went for 400$. There was also the 40mm grenade kit, so definitely not so high in my opinion.

it seems the shoulder pads on the assault pack have been upgraded and obviously you can see the new vest (i think it's called front panel carrier or something similar)

mcam1.jpg

mcam2.jpg

mcam3.jpg

mcam4.jpg

mcam5.jpg

mcam7.jpg

mcam8.jpg

mcam6.jpg

It's going to be interesting to see how many of these uniforms get out. The ALARAC message on them says that they are to be accounted for in country and that no one is to bring them home, so obviously this Major found a way around the system with his. I wouldn't count on these being as plentiful to bring the price down on them very much. Unless the military goes full scale with them, I don't see them being a easy to find item.

It's going to be interesting to see how many of these uniforms get out. The ALARAC message on them says that they are to be accounted for in country and that no one is to bring them home, so obviously this Major found a way around the system with his. I wouldn't count on these being as plentiful to bring the price down on them very much. Unless the military goes full scale with them, I don't see them being a easy to find item.

Ow :blink: So they were produced in big quantity, but we'll probably never see them for sale ? Erf... by the way, if it's right, then $200 for a first contract multicam jacket is a 'reasonable' price... I didn't known this information ! Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like them. The draw strings are not to a standard that I am used to seeing. You don't make a string for holding weight or tension by sewing a piece of cloth. The cuff draw strings are black nylon but uses green velcro, I don't buy it. Normally, prototype uniforms have prototype on the tags. Instead of rip stop, I think they are rip off. Just me though, been wrong before.

Misanthropic_Gods
I don't like them. The draw strings are not to a standard that I am used to seeing. You don't make a string for holding weight or tension by sewing a piece of cloth. The cuff draw strings are black nylon but uses green velcro, I don't buy it. Normally, prototype uniforms have prototype on the tags. Instead of rip stop, I think they are rip off. Just me though, been wrong before.

Aaaah..you have a point steve.