A new book in Poland

siling

Colleagues! I turn to you for help. I finish writing a book for the Polish publishing house and Polish collectors. The book describes the U.S. military decorations from the years 1941 to 2006. In recent years, a lot of Polish people began collecting American military decorations, but there is no market for our literature. so happens that I was American I collect medals for 14 years and I have probably the largest collection in Poland. Since I wrote a few books I decided to show the Polish collectors and variants of your decorations. Prompt what they collect and how we addressed, on what account. I did a lot of photos for the book with the medals coming from my collection, but despite the fact that I have over 300 American honors, I do not have the rarest and most expensive. I do not have too too many pictures of soldiers who have the medals.... It is hard to find in Poland . So I ask you for help. I ask you to share photos of your medals This book was so valuable and fulfilled the expectations of readers need more photos. I would greatly appreciate your help - Jack Wolfram

post-8179-1281443637.jpg

Endgame 1945

siling,

I have a lot of pictures and will have more soon, hopefully in a couple of hours. Please feel free to use these in your book. Hope it turns out well.

First Picture

Air Force Cross Made by Lordship Industries some time between 1973-1993. Exact date unknown. Not marked on the arms. The back is Hall marked LI- GI which is how I dated it.

DSCF0538.jpg

DSCF0545.jpg

Endgame 1945

Second Picture

Air medal made by Williams & Anderson Co. sometime between 1960's-1983. It was dated using the Hallmark on the back which I have drawn below. What is interesting about this medal was it was cast rather than struck, which is why there is "Pitting" on the surface of the medal. The case was made by a different company called arrow that madee case in the same timeframe

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

Untitled.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

Endgame 1945

Third Picture

This is not seen very often and I doubt many have this medal. This is The Liberation of Kuwait Medal. However, this one was made in Saudi Arabia and was given to coalition forces for service between January 17, 1991 and February 28, 1991. It is the rarer than the kuwaiti medal because its given for much shorter time than the Kuwaiti version. This is very hard to find with the case and ribbon and I am sure that this is one medal you'll really want to cover in your book.

DSCF0288.jpg

DSCF0263.jpg

DSCF0272.jpg

DSCF0279.jpg

Endgame 1945

Fourth Picture

Humanitarian service medal issued again by Williams & Anderson Co. in 1979. The Box was used as a dating point as that /** is always indicative of when the medal was made. This one came in the bag of issue. I took it out because the bag looked like crap so I took it off. This is in very good condition and I got it for free via a friend from school!

DSCF0303.jpg

DSCF0307.jpg

DSCF0313.jpg

Endgame 1945

Fifth Picture and Last one for the day,

Legion Of Merit Legionnaire with Oak Leaf Cluster signifying earning the award twice! This is 1960's His Lordship products medal. It is double hallmarked on the back, first CN-GI then HLP-GI. If anyone knows why that was done please let me know as I would really like to figure out. ( as would siling)

DSCF0319.jpg

DSCF0324.jpg

DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

I would need a few images of inscriptions on the reverses of medals, such as the SS, the Air Medal, PH .... Thanks in advance. Jack :rolleyes: