NEED Help, All USMC GUYS

Belleauwood

Alec,

You saw this one on the West Coast? - This one is out of the New Haven, CT area. By the way, I have book #31 and enjoyed seeing a few of my lids -

Thanks Again,

Dennis

The more I think about it the more I recall. It was a fixed price on a website not on Ebay. I am pretty sure it was somewhere on the east coast. I couldn't get better pics form the seller and I was not willing to travel and go see it. Once again Dennis it might be legit just nothing to support it being so.

Thanks for buying a book and supporting my research. I hope volume 2 will be out in a year.

Belleauwood
The more I think about it the more I recall. It was a fixed price on a website not on Ebay. I am pretty sure it was somewhere on the east coast. I couldn't get better pics form the seller and I was not willing to travel and go see it. Once again Dennis it might be legit just nothing to support it being so.

Thanks for buying a book and supporting my research. I hope volume 2 will be out in a year.

Can I reserve #31 and have a matched set??

Take Care, Dennis

New Romantic

That is a pretty good looking Merriam Pack. I collect the era it was used but I lack knowledge in the early USMC area.

Though the pack was never officially adopted by the Army, modest sales of the pack were made to NY State Militia, France, and Austria. USMC use of the pack is a new one on me. The pack was available for commercial sale so maybe that's how it could have wound up in the Corps if the marking is authentic. The only narrative on the pack I know of is Douglas McChristian's volume on the US Army in the West 1880-1892.

Dennis,

Can you unscrew the buttons and post pics of them?

Mike

mike , would if I could - now the property of another forum member.

DJ

teufelhunde.ret
Can you unscrew the buttons and post pics of them?

Mike

Mike, happy to oblige, here you are. French Epaulette button left - Horstman Epaulette button right.

epaulettes_001_vert.jpg