313th Machine Gun Battalion ERIE, PA

andrewcapets

andrewcapets

Trying to locate anyone that has information about the former 313th Machine Gun Battalion that once operated in Erie PA. This Veterans group was created when the men of the 313th returned from WWI. The 313th Machine Gun Bn was attached to the 80th Division. The social club operated for a number of years, but I'm curious if the history (photos, records, etc) of the 313th was moved to another location. My grandfather was a member of the 313th and I'm interested if anyone else out there has information about these men.

Andrew,

Do you know if the club had a building or operational address? You could try to look in the Erie city directories for the immediate post WWI time period. Try the Erie Library research desk to see if they have anything related to the group in their collections or records. One other place to try is the local newspaper morgue that should have microfilm of the society pages that might list the group.

• 9 months later...

I don't know anything about the social club that you talked about, but I do have some information about the 313th MG Bn. Company-A, 80th division, as my grandfather belonged to that Company. If your grandfather was part of that Company and if you are interested, I could see if he is listed on the Company Roster that I have a copy of. I hope I can be of some help to you. Lewis.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delayed response. Do you have the publication written by Private Joseph P Devir? I do have a copy of this item, but any other items you may want to share would be great. I've been collecting items about the 313th MGBn and would also be willing to share.

post-13855-1319329266.jpg

• 1 month later...
80thdivcollector

Please contact Bruce Smith. He`s the Historian of the 80th Division Veterans association. He might help you.

Contact address for the 80th Div Vet Association:

(Historian)

Bruce Smith

[email protected]

(Webmaster + Historian)

Andrew Z. Adkins, III

2121 NW 54th Terrace

Gainesville, FL 32605

[email protected]

• 3 months later...
battlebaby99

Hello From Erie ,Pa.

The 313 MG club building is still here in Erie ,Pa. It is now closed, was made into the King's Rook Club. The plaques are still in the front doors for the club. My grandmother house was across from it on Peach Street. Many of the Vets were buried here in Erie. Each one has a 313 MG flag holder at their gravesite. I have to say the 30 CAL WW I MG that hung in the club is long gone. As to most of what you all seek. A local militray colector gets most of this units stuff. I can't get 313 items and I live here.

Pat

• 1 year later...
andrewcapets

Pat,

I was in Erie last week. I found that the Heritage Room in the Erie Library does have photos of many Erie men that served in WWI.

Andrew

• 4 months later...

My grandfather/s brother, PFC Anthony Joseph Monaco was in the 313th and is mentioned twice in Private, Jos. P. Devir's book about the 313th.. Evidently Anthony won the 313th's 100-yard dash competition July 4th, 1918. I would love to see a photo of the 3313th, if anyone has one.

Does anyone have any photos or perhaps insignia of the 313th M.G. Bn, 159th Brigade, Co. A, 80th Div.? My great uncle, Anthony Joseph Monaco was a PFC in the 313th, mentioned twice in Pvt. Jos. Devir's book about the 313th. Thanks.

• 4 months later...
andrewcapets

To JMonaco - your grandfather's brother was in A Company. I have a photo of C Company, and a few reunion photos. The reunion photos may help pick him out.

• 3 months later...