Cessna Aircrafter Yearbooks

notinfringed

notinfringed

I picked these up at an auction a while back, and figured I would show them here. The only Aircrafter yearbooks I could find online were these same ones, so I assume they were only done for these two years?

post-2011-1281128170.jpg

They are full of photos of the plant workers, sports teams, and company clubs/sports teams.

post-2011-1281129087.jpg

notinfringed

One of the Clubs is the "Cessna Home Guard". It would seem that they wore regular army uniforms, only with a Cessna patch on the left sleeve. It also appears that they trained with black powder rifles.

post-2011-1281129333.jpg

post-2011-1281129365.jpg

notinfringed

Here is the Cessna Hockey team. The photo on the lower left appears to be in a game against Boeing.

post-2011-1281129614.jpg

Lastly, these are what the department photos look like.

post-2011-1281129629.jpg

If anyone would like to see more, let me know.

Levi

Levi,

That's very neat! :thumbsup: Cessna had a factory here in my town in Central Florida back in the late 70's and they employed a lot of people. I found this 1956 Cessna ad so cool that I copied it.

post-70-1281137017.jpg

I've got a copy of the 1942 Cessna Aircrafter. It was given to me by my grandfather who was employed by Cessna during World War II and a number of years afterwards. This post caused me to get out my copy and leaf through it. Thank you.

The rifles used by the Cessna Guard unit appear to be Trapdoor Springfields.

• 4 months later...

This is a WW2 era patch of the Cessna logo shown on the cover of the annual. The circular center is about 3” in diameter. In all of the years I’ve been collecting aircraft manufacturer items I’ve only seen one other patch.

post-20555-1293120602.jpg

post-20555-1293120635.jpg