USS ELCANO UNIFORM

navyman

Here's my latest ebay find and got this one at a great price.

The uniform was made at a tailor in San Fran. and the material use is very good quality. The hat has the USS ELCANO tallie and the lettering is painted or printed on. You can see in the one picture there's another tallie sewn under this one.

Ship's history

USS Elcano (PG-38) was a gunboat captured by the United States Navy from the Spanish Navy during the Spanish-American War. It was officially commissioned as a ship of the fleet in 1902 and served until decommissioning in 1928.

Elcano was built of iron in Spain in 1885, and was in the service of the Spanish navy in the Port of Manilla when it was seized during the Battle of Manila Bay on 1 May 1898. It was refit in preparation for official commissioning four years later.

Elcano saw service in China prior to the Revolution of 1911; and even afterwards continued to work from its base in Shanghai. Upon decommissioning, it was sunk for target practice

Information from en.wikipedia.

post-2501-1281056678.jpg

post-2501-1281056707.jpg

post-2501-1281056732.jpg

post-2501-1281056760.jpg

post-2501-1281056876.jpg

Jason

• 1 month later...
There is another uniform named to this man on ebay right now, auction # 270633045402.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

It looks like his undress blues. Will have to try and get it, so his items can stay together. I think that's the guy I got the other items from.

Jason

Thanks Steve,

It looks like his undress blues. Will have to try and get it, so his items can stay together. I think that's the guy I got the other items from.

Jason

Jason, I hope you can get it. peoples stuff needs to stay together.

Steve Hesson

Jason, I hope you can get it. peoples stuff needs to stay together.

Steve Hesson

Thanks Steve,

Well I'm glad to say I won the auction and the items will stay together. Got it at a good price, so I'm happy with that too.

Thanks guys for letting me know this was uo for sale, because I would of miss it. Will get some photo's up when items come.

Jason

Glad its together. Saw some jumpers and etc. on there the other day, they weren't too special (I've scored better for 5$ even on ebay) and they wanted $20 each for the top, pants, etc. Who splits up ONE freakin uniform? Sickening.

Glad its together. Saw some jumpers and etc. on there the other day, they weren't too special (I've scored better for 5$ even on ebay) and they wanted $20 each for the top, pants, etc. Who splits up ONE freakin uniform? Sickening.

Thanks Garandomatic,

Yeah that is sickening.

Jason

The seller got back to me and ask me if I wanted the last thing she had left of his, which was another uniform for a extra $20.00. You probably know what my answer was. Will get some photo's up when stuff comes.

Jason