MATCH THAT EMBLEM

GLM

Forum Members: Those who collect or have an interest in Eagle, Globe and Anchor emblems know just how difficult and frustrating it can be to find that matched mate for single collar emblems in the collection. For this reason, we have decided to start a pinned "Match That Emblem" thread.

Rules are simple: Post photos of the emblems you would like to match and hopefully, you will be able to come to an agreement with fellow Forum members if they have your match, or you theirs. Please keep it civil and please follow all USMF rules. That's it, so good luck and good hunting!

s/f, Gary

Hey All,

I'll start off with a couple of tough ones. I've been trying to find matched mates for these two early Gemsco pattern officer's emblems for some time now.

First is the dress emblem for left collar. I would like to find the matched mate for the right collar. Second is the service emblem for right collar and I would like to find the matching left collar emblem. Please look at the photos and if you have the mates, I am willing to buy or trade into them.

Gary

post-84-1186087116.jpg

post-84-1186087140.jpg

post-84-1186087164.jpg

post-84-1186087192.jpg

These two came together. Marine served 1905-1935. Both emblems totally unmarked. Both have roller catches, each slightly different than the other. One a drop-in; the other a tuck-under. Drop-in has had the pin removed? Anybody have their mates? Semper Fi.......Bob

Archer_Dress_Collars_Same_Both_Right_OBV_unmkd.JPGArcher_Dress_Collars_Same_Both_Right_REV.JPG

Anothe orphan from the same Colonel as the previous pair This dress left collar is double marked 'sterling' and with the NS Meyer New York shield in 2 places. Tuck-under roller catch but closing from the top. Can anyone MATCH THIS EGA!!!!!! thumbsup.gif

Semper Fi ya'all..............Bob

Archer_Dress_Collar_1_SGL_OBV.JPGArcher_Dress_Collar_1_MeyerSgl_REV.JPG

Here is an officer's dress GEMSCO. As seen in photos, this emblem is screw back and has GEMSCO hallmark only in the anchor shaft. No other markings. I believe this to be a Korean War or post KW emblem. This is the right collar emblem, so I need the left.

Also, this officer's GEMSCO service emblem with black paint finish. This is the left collar emblem. Only markings are GEMSCO, N.Y. in anchor shaft. Willing to trade these off for other EGA's or buy or trade into matched mates for them.

Gary

post-84-1186094200.jpg

post-84-1186094212.jpg

post-84-1186094225.jpg

post-84-1186094244.jpg

post-84-1186094263.jpg

post-84-1186094282.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a few "strange birds" in my nest that are in need of their mates and comments about them.

Semper Fi......Bob

Strange_Bird_2.JPGStrange_Bird_3.JPG

Strange_Bird_2.Rev_CB.JPG Strange_Bird_3_Rev_S_P.JPG

Strange_Bird_4.JPG

Strange_Bird_2.Rev_CB.JPG

Strange_Bird_3_Rev_S_P.JPG

Strange_Bird_4___5_REV.JPG

First posts with new program.........Interesting.

Here's the one I call the Drunken Bird.....Looks like an Econolead but weird. Think it was a limited Army-Navy Store item. Anybody got the other one?

S/F/........BobStrange_Bird_5.JPG

The first 2 I posted above are also weird. The birds look identicle. But, the first is a clutch-back with horizontal lines only; the 2nd is a screw-post with both longitude & laditude lines. Foreign-made maybe???????

The other strange one is my "moustache" wing guy. It's a right so there must be another one out there. Methinks it's a 1930's or 40's 'trnched piece but hard to see any evidence. Hmmmmmmm

Whatch all think???? P.S. I've had all of these a very long time and don't recall paying anything memorable for them.

S/F......Bob

teufelhunde.ret

Bob... that WW2 enlisted emblem that is "trenched".... so neat! Why not post it with the rest of our "trenched" reference emblems.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=7769

and the econo lead AKA "the drunken bird" can go into reference with this post of other econo leads...

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...p;hl=econo+lead

s/f Darrell

Bob,

I need to look through a few more drawers, but I think I might have a mate for your Econo Lead dress emblem. I'll let you know. While we're on these "drunken birds", I could use a mate to the service collar emblem of the same type.

s/f, Gary

post-84-1188360358.jpg

post-84-1188360377.jpg

I've had this NS Meyer marked M37 EM collar bird for quite a few years. I'd like to find its mate. It has the dark, bluish-black shiny gun metal finish to the front and flat finish on the reverse. As you can see from the photos, it has the Meyer shield only on the port wing. It also has the pierced anchor ring and came with the huge honkin' roller nut, which is so well known and attributed to Meyer emblems.

s/f, Gary

post-84-1188360818.jpg

post-84-1188360840.jpg

post-84-1188360873.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Hired_Gun,

The second emblem you posted, the Service emblem with high relief globe is actually the M1920, not early WWII. These would have been worn approximately from 1920 until 1930, when the "Gooney" or "Droop Wing" was adopted. I looked through my spares or singles and all I have are four port side or left collar emblems like yours. Sorry!

Gary

Mike,

Depending on finish, I might have a match for the bottom left French made emblem? I'm assuming that yours isn't hallmarked, same as mine, but if you can post close up front and back shots, just maybe? I'll also try and post close ups later this afternoon.

It will be interesting to see if anyone does match anything up through this thread, but at least it's worth a shot. Hopefully, we'll see some matches.

s/f, Gary

Would like to find the mate for this. When K.G. Luke emblems do show up, 99.5% have the MELB. for Melbourne beneath K.G. LUKE. While basically identical to the K.G. LUKE, MELB. marked emblems, mine is marked with K.G. LUKE only. Please, somebody out there has got to have one for me!

s/f, Gary

post-84-1189387692.jpg

post-84-1189387708.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...