Hey Grant,

Somebody jumped on my computer when I wasn't around !!! :rolleyes:

I think that's one of the COOLEST repro's ever. :smokin:

Looks like we need another emoticon with a foot-in-mouth. :lol:

I do not profess to be a militaria expert, but I conduct as much research as I am capable of and then write about my findings.
Check out my blogs, The Veteran's Collection (general militaria) and Chevrons and Diamonds (military baseball)

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

:lol: Good one mate,life's full of ironies :lol:

Classic,I love it when this sort of thing happens,I've done it myself on occasions....oh and BTW and that's a very fine looking repro lid too :thumbsup:

Take it easy......Gaz.

"Death makes angels of us all ,and gives us wings, where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws".

Jim Morrison.

"We are not retreating- We are advancing in another direction". Douglas MacArthur.

" Nuclear war,ruins your day".

Unknown.

Well "EASY-GRANT" you've been a busy little bee i just seen the medics helmet you've done as well hope your ready for any blow back on these creations :ermm:

Regards Nick

And I think anyone who follows this path has to accept that it goes with the territory.

AMEN!

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

As long as Easy- Grant continues to describe his items as.........

"This is an excellent 4 panel and Id'd medic helmet with net "ghosting". The markings have been recently added to replicate a battle-worn original. This is an excellent reproduction medic helmet. Happy bidding!"

Surely unless some potential buyer is either stupid, or has a dyslexia,then I guess the words, Recently added,Replicate and Reproduction,should be all there is to be aware of........and if it pay's his way through college,and he isn't out to con collectors,which clearly he isn't then, it's Grants lifestyle choice........hypothetically, if their are collectors out there,who have issues with reproductions........it's very simple ......don't buy them :think:

I don't want to sound like a complete hypocrite,I too have dabbled with the old,reproduction thing.....I don't sell mine ,but if I did. I would take a leaf out of Grants book,and clearly state that they are reproductions........it's a buyers market at the end of the day ;)

Take it easy......Gaz.

"Death makes angels of us all ,and gives us wings, where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws".

Jim Morrison.

"We are not retreating- We are advancing in another direction". Douglas MacArthur.

Unknown.

im not saying that grant is doing anything wrong as you said he's describing them as what they are & in no way is he out to con anyone but im just saying even when done this way people will still throw accusations around about them case in point Mike (fallschirmjager) does pretty much the same thing but still gets rip into about it im just saying hope he knows what he's letting him self in for & future possible consequences thats all -_-

Regards Nick

Hey guys don't worry I don't plan on becoming a faker. But I have to do something with the rear seam helmets I get. :lol:

Grant, it's quite simple...if you do not know what to do with your rear seams.........then give them to me,I will love them and take care of them for you :lol:

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

Grant, it's quite simple...if you do not know what to do with your rear seams.........then give them to me,I will love them and take care of them for you :lol:

Haha trust me Gaz, I'll remember to do that. I recently bought a large lot of helmets and I've been stacking up on the liners also and I'm looking forward to take a group photo of them for you guys. :thumbsup:

im not saying that grant is doing anything wrong as you said he's describing them as what they are & in no way is he out to con anyone but im just saying even when done this way people will still throw accusations around about them case in point Mike (fallschirmjager) does pretty much the same thing but still gets rip into about it im just saying hope he knows what he's letting him self in for & future possible consequences thats all -_-

Nick.

I agree with you re; the fallschirmjager repros,I own one, and it is what it is, as long as people know what they are buying into......what the heck.

But there lies the problem ,not everyone knows,what they are buying sometimes........and there are some very clever fakes/fakers out there,as we all know,and I agree that if Grant sells re-pros,he could potentially get a bad rep......

But I think 99.9% of us on this forum,realise he's an honest guy,doing what he loves,and hopefully( for him ) making some cash out of it.... and to be honest without wishing to sound patronising to Grant,I think he's got balls,and a good business plan.... I wish I'd done this 20 odd years ago myself ;)

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

Haha trust me Gaz, I'll remember to do that. I recently bought a large lot of helmets and I've been stacking up on the liners also and I'm looking forward to take a group photo of them for you guys. :thumbsup:

HaHa -Cheers Grant....I shall keep my eye out for a big, Fed Ex parcel soon, with lot's of lovely rear seams , all the way from the states,from my Mate Grant ;) :w00t:

:lol: And why haven't you posted the pic's, of this lot of lids yet,......come on Man ,......get your priorities right :lol: :w00t:

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

Haha slow shipping, but they are purty. :thumbsup:

Yeah ,that's the trouble,it's the waiting that's the killer.......... looking forward to seeing your new lids :thumbsup:

Take it easy......Gaz.

Jim Morrison.

Unknown.

I don't bother with these obviously done repros that are even advertised as such.

The really dangerous fakes lurk beneath the surface, they are sold by several dozen times that value and in many cases are already in collections and are accepted as originals by their unsuspecting owners.

As the number of unpainted, unmessed-with WWII helmets dwindles, the number of the really serious fakes increases.

Does it sound too conspiratory? Maybe, but that's the way it is.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Well, like someone here said, it is what it is... Just don't expect everyone here who believes in keeping authenticity alive in these lids to agree that this is perfectly fine either. Just saying...

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Well, like someone here said, it is what it is... Just don't expect everyone here who believes in keeping authenticity alive in these lids to agree that this is perfectly fine either. Just saying...

COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!

Wade

"We want to get the hell over there. The quicker we clean up this Goddamned mess, the quicker we can take a little jaunt against the purple pissing Japs and clean out their nest, too. Before the Goddamned Marines get all of the credit."

- General George S. Patton, Jr

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif