Major General John K. Singlaub

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

Here is MG John Singlaub's Fatigue shirt from the latter part of his career. He was afamous "Jedburgh" during WWII, and after serving in Europe, went to the Pacific and rescued 400 POW's being held on a Chinese Island. He served in a variety of positions and was eventually relieved of Active duty by President Carter for publicly criticizing him concerning the Korea Situation. He was big into the CIA. I will be reading his book soo, so it should be very interesting!

i_142.jpg

i_143.jpg

Here is MG John Singlaub's Fatigue shirt from the latter part of his career. He was afamous "Jedburgh" during WWII, and after serving in Europe, went to the Pacific and rescued 400 POW's being held on a Chinese Island. He served in a variety of positions and was eventually relieved of Active Sutty by President Carter for publicly criticizing him concerning the Korea Situation. He was big into the CIA. I will be reading his book soo, so it should be very interesting!

Singlaub was quite a guy, and an impressive speaker. When I was attending the the Unconventional Warfare course at the Special Operations School, he lectured there. His characterization of the end of his military career was that Carter had "Singlaubed" him. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I read the book, and its a must read if you want to see the latter half of the 20th century through a soldier's (and later general's) point of view! I couldn't put the book down, and plowed through it in a matter days despite its length.