Purple Heart on Ebay this morning....

teufelhunde.ret

:unsure:

Hang on a second and let me get a nice sharp edge on the knife first....there we go :lol: :w00t:

B229........the only thing you left out were the SMILES!! :lol: :w00t: (you DID intend to put them in.........didn't you?? :unsure: )

Okay guys.............I'm ready for a new day!!

Now, who wants my opinion FIRST?? :rolleyes:

Don't all of you PM at once, you know FS gets so mad at me when the system goes down!! :w00t:

:w00t: OK JACK - WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Looks official :thumbsup: , hand engraved for the period. ;)

Those Navy Hearts are always a favorite!!

(OH, I don't need to see the reverse) :wink2:

I really hope somebody from the forum got to snatch it up before it got pulled. $345 BIN, definitely worth the price of its parts. Ya don't see too many Marine contract AP Campaign medals, that's for sure.

Hi Tom I jumped on this group. He served with the 9th marines from 7 nov 42 untill 1 feb 44. The fact that there is some paperwork should make it an easy research project. Mark

I really hope somebody from the forum got to snatch it up before it got pulled. $345 BIN, definitely worth the price of its parts. Ya don't see too many Marine contract AP Campaign medals, that's for sure.

Anyone notice that the signer of the one document is Blakeney, who was the author of "Heroes..."?

:thumbsup:

Hi Tom I jumped on this group. He served with the 9th marines from 7 nov 42 untill 1 feb 44. The fact that there is some paperwork should make it an easy research project. Mark

Cool, glad you got it!! :thumbsup:

Yea, I like the Jane Blakeney signature, as well as the notation on the second sheet saying "this HQ doesn't issue stars and ribbon bars for your campaign medals... if you want them, you gotta buy them"

There was another listing which had a purple heart. He finished his career as a MSgt. It had a bid of $199.99. He was WIA by a missle in Korea and that is where I believe the Purple Heart was awarded. The auction ended today and I missed out on it. Wondering if anyone saw the grouping or even got it? Of course Ebay may have gotten it.