Purple Heart on Ebay this morning....

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

;) LOT OF WW II AND KOREAN WAR MEMORABILIA AND MEDALS

UP FOR AUCTION IS A LARGE LOT OF WW2 AND KOREAN WAR ITEMS FROM MAJOR WILLIAM McCLAIN (A POW FOR 3 YEARS IN KOREA). ITEMS INCLUDE SOME PERSONAL EFFECTS, PAPERS AND LETTERS FROM THE MEN HE WAS IMPRISONED WITH IN CAMP #2(DOZENS AND DOZENS), LETTERS FROM THE ARMY, A BOOK HE WROTE ABOUT HIS EXPERIENCES WHILE IN POW CAMP. THE CENTER PIECE OF THIS AUCTION ARE 16 MEDALS AWARDED TO MAJOR McCLAIN IN WW2 AND KOREA (THESE ARE HIGH LEVEL MEDALS!!!) NOT YOUR AVERAGE SERVICE MEDALS. YES THEY ARE INSCRIBED WITH HIS NAME ON THE BACKS. DUE TO EBAY RESTRICTIONS I WILL NOT LIST THE MEDALS OR ANSWER QUESTIONS AS TO WHICH ONES THEY ARE BUT I ASSURE YOU THEY ARE SOME OF OUR MILITARYS HIGHEST HONORS. NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING.

Seller: http://myworld.ebay.com/mcsemcclain1/

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-WW-II-AND-KOREAN-W...=item1c1691d1a2

_B6OckhwCWk___KGrHqV__i0Eyd_7_M29BMwuC6Nvlg___3.jpg

I like the way folks are trying to get around eBay's stupid rules. They made the mistake of asking me how I felt as a customer who had a item pulled from sale, my 1917 Trench knife. I gave them my 2 cents worth about not allowing knives US valor award and Nazi Combat award to be sold in areas where it is OK but, allowing US Valor Awards to include KO of the CMH to be sold in other parts of the world on their web and that this seemed like a very out of touch decision. I don't think I won anyone over but gave them my opinion.

Later

John

teufelhunde.ret

auction ended - no bids!

;) LOT OF WW II AND KOREAN WAR MEMORABILIA AND MEDALS

UP FOR AUCTION IS A LARGE LOT OF WW2 AND KOREAN WAR ITEMS FROM MAJOR WILLIAM McCLAIN (A POW FOR 3 YEARS IN KOREA). ITEMS INCLUDE SOME PERSONAL EFFECTS, PAPERS AND LETTERS FROM THE MEN HE WAS IMPRISONED WITH IN CAMP #2(DOZENS AND DOZENS), LETTERS FROM THE ARMY, A BOOK HE WROTE ABOUT HIS EXPERIENCES WHILE IN POW CAMP. THE CENTER PIECE OF THIS AUCTION ARE 16 MEDALS AWARDED TO MAJOR McCLAIN IN WW2 AND KOREA (THESE ARE HIGH LEVEL MEDALS!!!) NOT YOUR AVERAGE SERVICE MEDALS. YES THEY ARE INSCRIBED WITH HIS NAME ON THE BACKS. DUE TO EBAY RESTRICTIONS I WILL NOT LIST THE MEDALS OR ANSWER QUESTIONS AS TO WHICH ONES THEY ARE BUT I ASSURE YOU THEY ARE SOME OF OUR MILITARYS HIGHEST HONORS. NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING.

Seller: http://myworld.ebay.com/mcsemcclain1/

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-WW-II-AND-KOREAN-W...=item1c1691d1a2

teufelhunde.ret
Sold for the opnening bid?? :think:

No - not a single bid. Sales wording was a "catch-22" and it was a 24hour sale as well :unsure:

Another 24 auction - this time it has bids w/ 8 hrs and minutes to go!

And of course, we're giving it all kinds of free advertising... :lol: (Nice looking group though!)

GONE!

Thanks for your interest in this listing:

120638425071 - LOT OF WW II AND KOREAN WAR MEMORABILIA AND MEDALS

We're sorry to tell you that the item isn't available for purchase anymore. We removed the listing because it likely fell into one of these three categories:

-- The listing doesn't follow eBay guidelines.

-- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.

-- The listing contains pictures or words that may have violated copyright or trademark rights.

This is disappointing for everyone, but sometimes it's an action we have to take to protect you as a buyer.

GONE!

We're sorry to tell you that the item isn't available for purchase anymore. We removed the listing because it likely fell into one of these three categories:

-- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.

-- The listing contains pictures or words that may have violated copyright or trademark rights.

This is disappointing for everyone, but sometimes it's an action we have to take to protect you as a buyer.

Well Dave, do you feel safer as a buyer?? :rolleyes:

suwanneetrader

E-Bay Police love to SAVE bidders! A few years ago I listed a wooden night stick that had a small silver presentation plate on it. I do not remember all the details but basically it was from a civilian policeman to a military policeman during WWII. E-Bay pulled it as it was a prohibited weapon. They would not allow a historical piece of wood but all those Chinese, etc. exotic knives and swords are OK, especially the Chinese "Samurai fakes.". If E-Bay's former CEO, that ruined E-Bay, gets elected she should fit right in in Washington with all the other idiots who only want to fill their pockets with $'s. :thumbdown:

GONE!

He relisted it one more time as a BUY IT NOW and its on its way to my house as we speak ;) I have been emailing back and forth with seller for the past 3 days.

Kurt

This group has my attention.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Notice how the seller indicates that the PH "has to be in the darn closet".

I asked, and he sent me pics of the PH that goes with this group. Nice looking group.

I am wondering if he is a member of this forum.

This group looks like it did well on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The group also included this PH (I got the pics from the seller).

post-12036-1288181909.jpg

Hi Guys

I got a named and numbered purple heart off e-bay last week and i gave him my phone number. Guess who called to tell me he took my offer and had another named one for sale . I hope i get them today or tomorrow.

Stan