Purple Heart on Ebay this morning....

teufelhunde.ret

Garandomatic

Funny how they banned the Purple Heart. They sell every other medal (except of course CMOH), don't they? Ebay can be pretty thick headed on a lot of items. If it wasn't my only avenue for frequent acquisitions, I'd have walked away long ago when they banned the sale of just about anything gun related.

BigJohn#3RD

You cannot buy or sell any of the Valor Awards such as the Service Crosses (DSC NC, AFC) and Silver Star.

Regards

John

Endgame 1945
I'll bet one grape jellybean it's off by days end ! :w00t:

Oh yeah! I'll bet two plus some pocket lint!

Garandomatic

You mean just on ebay, or in general? Not a medal guy, so I really don't know. I did rescue what turned out to be a WWI Purple Heart from a roadside flea market for next to nothin'

***Just found the answer myself, disregard.

You cannot buy or sell any of the Valor Awards such as the Service Crosses (DSC NC, AFC) and Silver Star.

Regards

John

Garth Thompson

Regards

John

John,

You really should specify that is an Ebay thing. The valor awards with the exception of the MoH can be and are openely sold in all venues except ebay.

Garth

Guys,

IMHO the DD214 definitely looks doctored up :thumbdown:

Notice the typing is different in spots yet the whole document should have been typed at the same time on the same typewriter :think:

• 4 weeks later...
Garth Thompson

Purple Hearts are going to continue to pop up on ebay and probably be pulled. If a person is interested in getting them you might think about doing a couple of preemptive strikes. Copy and save as much of the listing as you can in a non-web based format so you have a record of the sellers ID plus details of the medal. Secondly as soon as you find the listing try and establish a dialog with the seller giving him/her your email address, explaining that their listing will probably be pulled then tender an reasonable offer to buy the medal if the auction is pulled. This has worked for me a couple of times.

Garth

I got a KIA USMC Vietnam purple heart officially engraved to a member of Co. D 1st Bn 4th Marines KIA March 21, 1966. This one was on a buy it now for $199 and came with other medals such as the Vietnam campaign and Vietnam service medal. There were no pics of the broach so I figured it would be army style slot broach since most Vietnam era USMC hearts were. I really didn't bank on this being around for long at a buy it now price of that amount so I rolled the dice and bought it before it got snatched up or cancelled. There was no listing in the title or description for a purple heart just the world "medals" Anyhow I received the item and it is great and turned out to be a Type II wrapped broach. I got the casualty file back on him and am very proud to be the care taker.

semper fi,

Kevin

I got a KIA USMC Vietnam purple heart officially engraved to a member of Co. D 1st Bn 4th Marines KIA March 21, 1966. This one was on a buy it now for $199 and came with other medals such as the Vietnam campaign and Vietnam service medal. There were no pics of the broach so I figured it would be army style slot broach since most Vietnam era USMC hearts were. I really didn't bank on this being around for long at a buy it now price of that amount so I rolled the dice and bought it before it got snatched up or cancelled. There was no listing in the title or description for a purple heart just the world "medals" Anyhow I received the item and it is great and turned out to be a Type II wrapped broach. I got the casualty file back on him and am very proud to be the care taker.

semper fi,

Kevin

Like to see that one i have one to a kia 1/4 marines in 1965

That's the best thing to do to try and get around the ebay rules, slap a buy it now on it so hopefully someone would get it before it's pulled.

Mike

• 1 month later...