Show Your 1918 MkI Knuckles!

shocktrooper15

Great examples guys!

tsellati-

Do you think that your knife saw use in the pacific? I have seen pictures of marines using these.

Heres one-

It is entirely possible given that this particular trench knife has been mated with this scabbard for a very long time (wear marks match perfectly), the style of scabbard is very common to Australian forces, and many US Marines, Navy sailors, and Army soldiers were stationed in and/or cycled through Australia while fighting in the PTO. There was plenty of time for swapping of edged weapons between Allied personnel, both when they were in the field and when they were rotated off the line.

Tim

Jagjetta,

I hate to say it but are you sure that is not a reenactor photo? The scabbard for the knife looks like the one in the picture of the reproduction below.

(REPRODUCTION)

I dont think so. The faces of the two guys are definitively WWI era.

I dont think so. The faces of the two guys are definitively WWI era.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. No matter how sophisticated the staging and lighting/photographic effects used, you can always tell the difference between reenactors and period individuals by the faces. There is an unmistakable difference in features of modern faces and faces dating to the late 1800s/early 1900s.

Tim

One of mine.

post-342-1281192674.jpg

post-342-1281192786.jpg

Wow, I really like that leather scabbard (especially its design) - and the knife is nice too of course.

Tim

shocktrooper15
Here's another period photograph:

That looks like the 1917 Trench knife. The skull crusher is rounded and the knuckle points are pyramid like.

Doyler- Very nice knife! I've always been looking for one with the guard filed down in a leather replacement sheath. I am very interested in the airborne aspect of these knives.

post-1109-1281208948.jpg

I have a few of the Trench knives. please find a picture of the ones I currently have. there are 2 of the 1917 LF&C ones with the extra pyramid on each in the pile. Also a few of the 1918 Mk 1 s

post-1109-1281209116.jpg

Here's another period photograph:

One word: WOW.

What a photo, Saskatoon! There are a lot of incredible things in this image. Very, very nice. Do you own the original?

John

post-1109-1281208948.jpg

I have a few of the Trench knives. please find a picture of the ones I currently have. there are 2 of the 1917 LF&C ones with the extra pyramid on each in the pile.

Ron

:thumbsup:

Now thats what I call a scrap pile!!!! :lol:

RD

What a photo, Saskatoon! There are a lot of incredible things in this image. Very, very nice. Do you own the original?

John

John, what ORIGINAL are you refering to???

Ron

Ron

I think he is reffering to post #31 with the image of the Doughboy with knife.

John

Ron

Hey Gang!-The CPR worked! Cause I needed it after seeing that pic. Ron, are all of those yours? How many are there in the pic? SKIP

I hope this isn't thread jacking. :think:

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced reproduction MKI Knuckle?

Not of any quality...but SMKW has some

Hey Gang!-The CPR worked! Cause I needed it after seeing that pic. Ron, are all of those yours? How many are there in the pic? SKIP

Yes they are all mine. Have about 40 total curently.

Ron

Mayralphie,

I regret to say this but both of your knives look like repros. Just the casting of the handlesraises a flag. Also, the skull crusher on the first one, and the blades are way off.

It appears to me that the first knife is an Aulion handle that has been re bladed and the second one looks like a correct AuLion.

Ron