Show Your 1918 MkI Knuckles!

shocktrooper15

shocktrooper15

Hello Everyone,

As some of you may know I am very fond of this knife. Here are my two. Look forward to seeing others!

Thanks!

1. Au Lion (Believed to be of Airborne use)

2. Nice L.F & C with original Scabbard with both prongs still attached!

post-9086-1280184851.jpg

post-9086-1280184859.jpg

Bonjour.

Fair blades. Do you have photos in situation during WWI?

Solcarlus

Solcarlus:

I have more than 2,000 WWI photos collected for the gear that is represented and I only have ONE photo that show the M1918 worn. A scan is attached.

John

post-949-1280331287.jpg

shocktrooper15
Solcarlus:

I have more than 2,000 WWI photos collected for the gear that is represented and I only have ONE photo that show the M1918 worn. A scan is attached.

John

Amazing! This is only the second period photo I have seen with that knife in use! However its in 1919 During the occupation (see attached photo [thanks to member "saskatoon light infanty"). You wouldn't happen to have a date when this photo was taken? If it is found out for sure that these were issued before November 11, 1918, than we would know that these may have actually been used in the trenches! But, it is thought that only the Au Lion ones made it into the trenches.

Heres the photo. 51st Co. 5th Marines, Coblenz Bridgehead Occupation, 1919. The two knives are seen in the top row.

Bonjour.

Thank you for the pictures. It seems logic that only "au lion" experienced the WWI warfare since they were manufactured in France.

No one has been found digging the ground.

Cdlt solcarlus.

Amazing! This is only the second period photo I have seen with that knife in use! However its in 1919 During the occupation (see attached photo [thanks to member "saskatoon light infanty"). You wouldn't happen to have a date when this photo was taken?

Sorry...no date on it. I think it is telling, though, that Solcarlus reports that his is not aware of any excavated examples.

JAG

here are my 2...1 is advertising seattle tent and awning company..it was a give-away

Dale,

That Seattle Tent and Awning knife is very cool! Thanks for sharing...I had not seen this one before.

John

Dale,

That Seattle Tent and Awning knife is very cool! Thanks for sharing...I had not seen this one before.

John

have you ever seen one similar??the other is in beautiful shape,but the seattle one is by far my favorite

have you ever seen one similar??the other is in beautiful shape,but the seattle one is by far my favorite

They are not very common but they are out there,

shocktrooper15
Solcarlus:

John

Jagjetta,

I hate to say it but are you sure that is not a reenactor photo? The scabbard for the knife looks like the one in the picture of the reproduction below.

(REPRODUCTION)

post-9086-1280433553.jpg

Jagjetta,

I hate to say it but are you sure that is not a reenactor photo? The scabbard for the knife looks like the one in the picture of the reproduction below.

(REPRODUCTION)

that looks like repro hitler youth scabbard in that new photo

Great knives! Thank you for sharing your loves :thumbsup:

I have no one :crying:

I have to safe some money and try to find one for my collection

Here is my one and only trench knife, an Au Lion made example -

M1918trenchknifeunsheathed.jpg

AuLion.jpg

US1918upclose.jpg

This one is paired with a rather interesting leather scabbard (commonly found in Australia during WWII) that has additional slats of leather built into the back to accommodate the wide guard of the trench knife -

scabbardslot.jpg

Tim

shocktrooper15

Great examples guys!

tsellati-

Do you think that your knife saw use in the pacific? I have seen pictures of marines using these.

Heres one-

post-9086-1281112418.jpg