Curtiss Wright Stuff

Hawk914

My Grandfather worked at Curtiss Wright here in Buffalo, NY and was involved in production of the P-40 and C-46.

I've a page dedicated to Gramps on my website which includes this photo of him with his crew as well as a couple images showing a production award, some lapel pins and one of his inspection manuals.

If you'd care to check it out, take a looksee by clicking on the image...

Normandcrewb.jpg

I also have a section on the site where you can peruse issues of the 'Curtiss Fly Leaf'. This was the official bi-monthly publication of the Curtiss Wright Airplane Division, published in Buffalo.

I've only got one ish up on the site at the moment, but have many more to add. You can check it out by clicking on the image below...

CFL44MarApr.jpg

Oh, and here's one of my favorite Curtiss magazine ads...

WarhawksEverywhere00196b.jpg

Fade to Black...

My wife's grandfather was an Army Air Service instructor in the Curtiss-Wright Jennys in WWI. I'd love to find an old image of one under construction.

I looked through pretty much all of what I have and found nada for factory photos of the Jenny... thought I had some but I guess not.

If I run across anything I'll be sure to post it here.

Fade to Black...

• 2 years later...

The print with the P-40 shooting the japanese plane down is from the 11th Fighter squadron/343rd Fighter group/11th AAF and that is a REALLY cool and great color war time print !!!!!