ANM2 - L2 sight

dale

i picked this up recently and kinda want to know what i have.i know it is a sightfor a larger caliber machine gun...anyone know what gun and what the estimated value is.large outer ring reads 150 mph at 8 in.inner ring=400 yds for 37 ft w.s one side reads distance centerline ring to cl bead=13.75'' other side reads 1 click =1 mil 1division = 4 mils fixed side of mounting bracket reads type l-2 ser # 38d6273 there is also a mark on it i cant make out circle with something in the top half of it and T 7 0 in bottom of it thanks in advance,dale

post-4645-1280081373.jpg

dale,

That is a rear sight for an ANM2, either .30 or .50 caliber aircraft machine gun. Did you list all the markings on it? What is the measurement of the base where the clamp attaches to the MG?

David Albert

[email protected]

it is about 1 7/16 at the narrowest part(very bottom)1 11/16 at the wider part and the outer circle of the sight is about 1 11/16 also

dale,

It's an L-2 sight for the .30 caliber ANM2. I had to consult my reference material, because there are several different versions of the .30 and .50 caliber ANM2 sights.

I own a live, transferable .30 caliber ANM2. I don't have this sight. If you'd like to sell it, name me a price, and I'll let you know if I'm interested.

Here are links to pictures of my ANM2 .30. (Colt MG-40)

http://www.biggerhammer.net/anm2/pictorial/

Thanks!

David Albert

[email protected]