War and Peace, 2010, Beltring, England.

Sabrejet

Thanks...you're welcome 1944...Celtic cousin from just across the Irish Sea! Actually, I was over in Dublin's fair city a just few months ago. Great craic !!

Ian

Paradise is right. I loved 'em all, but especially the Dragon Wagon and Sherman. Were there many Shermans running around?

Thanks.

Hi Jim...you'd have loved it, I'm sure! A few..yes. The M4 on the Dragon Wagon is a runner but they left it on board as a display item...some display!!

Ian

Great Pics!!!How much was the "for sale" jeep???

There were several up for sale. The "going rate" for a runner was around £13,000 / $20,000.

Sabrejet

Apart from the fact that... I overslept... Had to drive all the way alone, chasing my 3 friends who obviously hadn't overslept... my car was basically field stripped by UK border control, because I "matched "the profile", ... (believe me... it wasn't a joke)... I arrived too late...

I had a really great day!!!

Enjoy the pics!

EDIT: Pictures are lost

great pic's guys i'll add some when i get home ;)

Ian how did the one of us guys come out :lol:

It came out fine...I'll PM it to you!

Ian

It came out fine...I'll PM it to you!

Ian

cheers for that Ian its a great pic even though i do look like a freshly cooked lobster :laughing1:

EasyRed1944

I went there on Sunday and it was not my day to find something neat. The majority of Non-US material overwhelmed it, too bad...Also ,i did not expect to find something superb on the last day, but finding nothing at all..bummer :lol:

On to the next fair!

And overall...The war and peace show is really great, much to see and some great vehicles ! Next year i'll be going a whole week with the group.

Rakkasan187

Fantastic pictures, thanks for posting them. Someday I hope to come over and see this fantastic display.. This is added to the "Bucket List" ..

Leigh...

You'd be warmly welcomed Leigh! (Sometimes we Brits do do things on an "American" scale! ;) )

Ian :lol:

Thanks...you're welcome 1944...Celtic cousin from just across the Irish Sea! Actually, I was over in Dublin's fair city a just few months ago. Great craic !!

Ian

Hey Ian,,

Thanks my friend yes My Celtic Cousin For Sure!! Just across the Pond from me.. not far atall

I hope you had a good few Guinness for me while you were in Dublin's FAIR CITY..

Some Great Pictures you took there thanks a million for sharing very nice Photo's indeed you done a great job on them very nice

hopefully i can be there next year...

just got back, we had a great time and our team house seemed to go down well. One Vietnam veteran we spoke to (25th ID) said it was perfect apart from the smell. We met 2 US veterans and 2 ARVN veterans and had a few current serving Dutch servicemen helping us, great weekend and good to meet some folks from the forum there.

Pictures when i have time to get them on our site

Hey nice pics..even a couple of me in there..standing in front of C-19 one of our M8s..along with my buddy Nicki ...with the sailor hat on. A couple also in the battles...

Great event wasnt it

Regards

LLoyd

Great pics guys and all the more appreciated by me seeing as I took my camera but left the memory card at home!! Only did the Sunday but still managed to part with some cash although, as has been said, bargains few and far between. Will be there next year and would hope to actually meet up with some of you for a beer this time!!

Rob

Man, how I'd love to go!

I have gotten several e-mails from people saying they were shcoked to see me at the show in my War Correspondent impression. Problem is, I'm over 5000 miles away and have never been! :blink:

Makes me wonder who it is they're seeing. Nobody is saying the person in question is saying they're me, but that it looks just like me. Poor bugger, whoever he is...

General Apathy

post-344-1280436328.jpg

post-344-1280436359.jpg

Hi Forum Members & Readers, I just recieved a bunch of photographs from a friend Brian of some of the tanks and one of the M-26 transporters that he took to Beltring, Brians daily work is renovating and rebuilding tanks.

So thanks to Brian for the photo's I hope you enjoy them

Cheers Lewis

Reason for edit : restack the photos

General Apathy

post-344-1280436586.jpg

post-344-1280436611.jpg

Cont............................

So thanks to Brian for the photo's I hope you enjoy them :thumbsup:

Cheers Lewis

General Apathy

post-344-1280436703.jpg

post-344-1280436731.jpg

So thanks to Brian for the photo's I hope you enjoy them ;)

Cheers Lewis

General Apathy

post-344-1280436797.jpg

post-344-1280436829.jpg

So thanks to Brian for the photo's I hope you enjoy them :w00t:

Cheers Lewis

General Apathy

post-344-1280436918.jpg

So thanks to Brian for the photo's I hope you enjoy them :lol:

That's all for now unless I receive any more later.

Cheers Lewis

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings Ian (SABREJET)

I enjoy your postings. I was in Normandy last summer (09) and wish I could have met European collectors. I would like to visit Europe again. Especially the BARTON-Stacey area near Stonehenge. My Dad's 743rd Tank Battalion trained there. Would be great to meet you.

Again, I enjoy all your posts and thanks for sharing across the pond with US.

Al

tankerman