Another, smaller grouping

Bill in VA

This one is from my sister-in-law's father. He was "in the army during WWII." H served in the PTO with 126th Infantry.

A "crusher" cap, some papers, Good Conduct and campaign ribbons, 1910 pattern (?) mess kit, sweetheart money clip/watch chain, and a small box of sulfadamide pills (some of the pills are present.)

post-302-1185827053.jpg

Top row, from left to right: A dance card from the Narwee Progreess Association (dated 31 JUL 1943), a handwritten "trip ticket" for "road patrol only" signed by a (his?) transportation sergeant, (generic) post card from War Department saying that his application for family allowances has been received and is being processed; bottom row: a Western Union teleram (dated 28 JAN 1942, from him, telling his family he'd be arriving home "sometime tomorrow"), an Australian ration book, the money clip/watch chain, and sulfadamide pill box.

post-302-1185827363.jpg

Close up of the Australian "special ration book."

post-302-1185827398.jpg

His crusher.

post-302-1185827419.jpg

My sister-in-law also gave two sets of his mustard wool trousers, two shirts, a four-pocket jacket and a wool overcoat (Melton coat), all in great shape (save for the occasional moth nip here and there.) None of the shorts nor the jacket has any insignia though (and thus, I didn't see any reason to photograph them.) According to her, her father had "his sea bag stolen" when he was on his way home to be discharged and was therefore issued a couple of sets of "new clothes so he'd have something to wear on his way home."