508th MEMORIAL UNVAILING

FAAA

Really nice! :thumbsup: Eveything looks great, but shouldn't the guidon be to the far right? I might be wrong about that as I never saw a guidon in a single rank like that when I was still active duty... :think:

Really nice! :thumbsup: Eveything looks great, but shouldn't the guidon be to the far right? I might be wrong about that as I never saw a guidon in a single rank like that when I was still active duty... :think:

I did the whole guide on thing for a while, I hated it. We always carried it to the right as well, except for when the platoon did a facing movement while halted. Then as the guidon we'd post left, but that was only in certain circumstances. Probably just a flaw on their part.

That being said, this has honestly got to be one of the most squared away reenacting groups I've ever seen. They look fantastic and sharp. Everything looks like it should, they did the uniforms proud. Far too many times have I seen mismatched nasty rump Class A's on reenactors.

Guys

This was a posed picture just prior to steping of down the hill to the memorial, you are 100% right the guidon takes up position on the right flank and the Riflemen of the guard fall in on him.

The picture below does not show the order of march, these two pictures do, it might explain the formation for this photo.

OOM-OFFICER--COLORS-GUIDON---GUARD

DSC_0824.jpg

DSC_0642.jpg

DSC_0640BW.jpg

I did the whole guide on thing for a while, I hated it. We always carried it to the right as well, except for when the platoon did a facing movement while halted. Then as the guidon we'd post left, but that was only in certain circumstances. Probably just a flaw on their part.

That being said, this has honestly got to be one of the most squared away reenacting groups I've ever seen. They look fantastic and sharp. Everything looks like it should, they did the uniforms proud. Far too many times have I seen mismatched nasty rump Class A's on reenactors.

Thank you for your kind words.

Some of the guys were doing this for the very first time.

Only one member of the guard has ever served in the military.

I am very proud of their achievements to date. We are far from perfect, but will improve.

Regards

Lee

Personally, I wouldn't wear awards for valor or campaign ribbons for which I didn't earn, or don't belong on that uniform... :thumbsup:

Just curious about this as well: :think:

DSC_0625.jpg

DSC_0630.jpg

Of course I don’t know the context of the photos (if they’re just posed or not for the camera), and I don’t have any TMs around to check on the subject, but I’m reasonably sure that in a formation like that, the CO doesn’t stand in front of the colors. Usually, the colors are off to one side (which is seen in at least one of your other photos). I also noticed the CO standing to the far left in one group photo, which isn’t correct as the higher ranks should always be to the right in an official capacity. I’m not trying to nitpick, just saying there are plenty of current and former US military people here (such as myself) who’d notice something like that. I REALLY like how this looks, your people and impressions are extremely well done and you all look the part more so than many re-enactors I encounter here in the states.

Personally, I wouldn't wear awards for valor or campaign ribbons for which I didn't earn, or don't belong on that uniform...
Aw geez, here we go again... :blink:

BeatDeadHorse.gifbeatingA_DeadHorse.gif

Above pictures posed as stated previously, the remainder of the pictures of marching on and retiring Colors are from the parade.

All drill is taken from FM 22-5 and FM 21-100 and adapted to an Honor Guard and Color Party and the circumstances of the events in regards to locations and size of areas to work in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/nottingham/hi/...000/8728434.stm

No Gallantry awards are ever worn by this group, appropriate Unit campaign ribbons and Unit awards are, to illustrate the units History and not the individuals. All ribbons and insignia are WWII issue items and appropriate for the WWII Class A uniform

Thank you for the positive remarks, we are still learning and will continue to do so and will step up to the plate and represent the units when tasked to do so.

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee, excellent parade and echoed in the quality of the turnout of the group and the photos shown at the link above.

Cheers Lewis

Hi Ken

Thank you for your kind words, Hope all is well with you over in Normandy.

Kind Regards

Lee and Lesley

General Apathy
Hi Ken

Thank you for your kind words, Hope all is well with you over in Normandy.

Kind Regards

Lee and Lesley

Hi Lee & lesley, things are fine thanks, red cross food and comfort parcels are willingly accepted though.

Let's hope we catch up again on another of your ventures over here. :thumbsup:

Cheers Ken

Hi Lee & lesley, things are fine thanks, red cross food and comfort parcels are willingly accepted though.

Let's hope we catch up again on another of your ventures over here. :thumbsup:

Cheers Ken

Hi Ken

If you know of any more Memorial unvailings taking place and need an Honor Guard, any unit we would love to get involved. We are at this time working on two jeep raids next year, one to France and the other to Holland so we may very well catch up.

Always looking in and read your write ups.

Regards

Lee

Excellent looking group, and a very moving ceremony! Thank you from the USA! :salute:

Hi Brian

Thank you for your kind comment. We do our best to honor the men of your country, we are always leaning and hoping to improve.

We have our next task at an event here in the UK next month, again representing the 82nd Airborne.

Regards

Lee