My uniform collection, piece by piece.

Bones

Some of these were posted on another forum that is now defunct. My collection consists of some pre WW1 uniforms to current issue stuff. I don't have alot of the new stuff or Vietnam stuff and you will see that. I have also posted a few of these in other areas of this site but I am now putting them all together. Most of these are as I found them. I do restore some pieces and parts if needed. These are mostly Nebraska veterans. I do display my uniforms. They have been to schools, veteran organization meetings, retirement homes, and downtown last year during our town celebration. I store my good uniforms in a cedar lined room. All items are frozen to prevent moth damage before they are added to the collection. Lets start with some requested armored uniforms.

post-736-1185755248.jpg

This uniform is from a member of the 813th Tank Destroyer Battalion. The DI's are theater made in Germany. It is not named. In my opinion the Germans make mighty fine DI's.

post-736-1185755392.jpg

I found this uniform in an antique shop during my travels. It is a mystery. There was never anything sewed to the right sleeve. It is just as I have found it. It is not named. Put together, probably. But if you read the uniform, it is possible. I like the cross stiching that holds the patches on.

post-736-1185755659.jpg

This man was a member of the 345th Field Artillery Battalion of the 90th Infantry Division. He went in on D-day plus 1. I have a nazi flag also that he signed and sent home.

post-736-1185756089.jpg

Next is an officer of the 40th Infantry Division, he won an Air Medal for flying as an observer for artillery missions. He was assigned to the 143rd Field Artillery Battalion.

post-736-1185756312.jpg

This jacket was on Marine ike jacket thread but I also added it here. It is made from a blanket. Probably in New Zealand or Australia.

post-736-1185756491.jpg

I have had this uniform for some time. The 3rd army patch is French made bullion. I believe the chevron is French made also. It is private purchase.

post-736-1185757084.jpg

This coastie was assigned to the cutter USS Bibb. He did North Atlantic convoy duty for most of the war and then was assigned to another cutter in the Pacific. He was a 5" gun turrent captain. He said he still has nightmares of the night a troop transport was torpedoed. He could still hear the men screaming. RIP boats.

post-736-1185757341.jpg

This is my newest uniform. This man was assigned to the 1075th Transportation Company. He did a tour supporting the 101st Airborne Division in Iraq.

post-736-1185757491.jpg

This is my only complete General Officer uniform. It belonged to a man who joined the Nebraska National Guard before WW2. He served with the 34th Infantry Division in WW2. He became the Assistant National Guard Commander for Nebraska in the mid 60's.

post-736-1185758083.jpg

This local man joined the US Navy after the war started. He was the commander of an Armed Guard detachment on a cargo ship. His men crewed the weapons added to the cargo ships to combat U boats and surface raiders of the German Navy. I purchased all his items at a local estate sale. His daughter then sent me pictures and a summary of his service.

post-736-1185758536.jpg

This man was assigned to Compay D of the 350th Infantry Regiment of the 88th Infantry Division. The 88th had alot of Nebraska members. I also got his unit histories of both his regiment and division. Also a nice yard long picture of his company with him pointed out.

post-736-1185758776.jpg

This is a combat display I came up with for my last display. I am not a field gear expert so I will leave that up to some one else. He is wearing an M43 field jacket.

post-736-1185759125.jpg

CNY Militaria

Those are some sweet uniforms! Of course, my favorite is the BG one, especially with a cap like that!