Stolen Valor Act ruled unconstitutional

lritger

(Moderators: Not sure if this is the best place for this, but it's fairly important and touches on a lot of areas we deal with as collectors and re-enactors... feel free to move as necessary)

Just saw this in our local paper's website... the "Stolen Valor" Act has been ruled unconstitutional.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/military/wt...0,1484866.story

I'd be interested to hear the opinions of forum members who've honorably served our country and collectors who've run into issues with this... what's your take?

Lynn

Shaun K Flynn
(Moderators: Not sure if this is the best place for this, but it's fairly important and touches on a lot of areas we deal with as collectors and re-enactors... feel free to move as necessary)

Just saw this in our local paper's website... the "Stolen Valor" Act has been ruled unconstitutional.

http://www.dailypress.com/news/military/wt...0,1484866.story

I'd be interested to hear the opinions of forum members who've honorably served our country and collectors who've run into issues with this... what's your take?

Lynn

Its not over by a long shot nor does this Judge have the power to amend it. It was signed into law by President G Bushand is still law. Heres the catch, you can go around syaing you are this and have done that, yet when you don a uniform and claim your past and its false, along with making profits and scamming people out of money and or employment is when it kicks in.

In the NAVSPECWAR community it has sucessfully proicuted phoney SEALs and the POW/MIA net work adds the names on thier site. Several people in California and Virgina are now doing time due to thier lies. Again the Judge was correct in his ruling by saying it was free speech. ONLY! I am one of the phoney SEAL hunters, so if you have a question about gear, Tridents, units and people drop my a line @[email protected] and I will be more than happy to give you a real time answer that is void of speculations.

Thanks

spunbrass.