Sherman in Combat...

Jim Baker

My favorite (hobby) photo subject, the Sherman in combat. I have no idea where most of these came from, other than to say off the net.

Enjoy, and please post yours. thumbsup.gif

Here is my current screen saver.

post-78-1185720352.jpg

I'll end for now with "In the Mood". Commanded by the greatest tank ace of WWII, Sgt. Lafayette Pool.

post-78-1185720899.jpg

Charlie Flick

Hi Jim:

I, too, always like a good pic of a tank or other AFV. Those pics are all very interesting.

Here is one that you may not have seen. It is a Stuart on a street in Honolulu during a War Bond Drive. I don't know the date but I am guessing 1942. Nice job of parallel parking too.

Regards,

Charlie

Stuart_War_Bond_Drive_Hawaii.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, Jim!

Yes, that's my website.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes, whether they be out-and-out lies or simple typos!

Steve

Thanks for the kind words, Jim!

Yes, that's my website.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes, whether they be out-and-out lies or simple typos!

Steve

Steve,

I like that site. I have it in my favorites. Hell, that's probably where a lot of my Sherman photos came from (hope you don't mind). I use them as screen savers, modelling reference, and just enjoyment as a slide show.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim-

I don't mind at all!

I'm just glad that people find it valuable and worth a visit.

Thanks again.

Steve

Charlie Flick

Hey Jim:

Here is an odd Sherman pic I thought you might like. It is wrecked and missing a track. The .30 BMG is also missing. It also has a weird painted emblem on the front. What the heck is that? I don't know the when or the where of the photo.

Regards,

Charlie

Wrecked_Painted_Sherman_ed.jpg

This video is a must-see for Sherman & Pershing fans. It shows the 3rd Armored's entry into Cologne in 1945, including footage of the famous Panther that was killed in front of the Cologne cathedral: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=63...70606269&hl

It is from the 3rd Armored Division History website at: http://3ad.com/ click on the link to access the rest of their video collection.

Enjoy!

Steve

Excellent video, Well worth watching.

There are several excellent photos of Shermans in Cologne. I'll see if I can't dig up a few.

Anyone else have photos they would like to share??

• 5 months later...