WW2 Marine Patch

agemma

It is the 3rd Marine Amphibiuos Corps and if you cannot find one from a member, you can usually find several originals offered on Ebay at any one time. Probably for only $10. - Jeff

Corpsmancollector
It is the 3rd Marine Amphibiuos Corps and if you cannot find one from a member, you can usually find several originals offered on Ebay at any one time. Probably for only $10. - Jeff

Agree with Jeff. They shouldn't be difficult to track down on eBay...

Thanks Jeff...I found them..

I see some of the top corners of the patc are pointed up..like the one in the pic I posted and some are not. Were they made either way? Tony

Yes, there were several variations of this patch as there are of most WWII Marine patches. If you have any questions concerning a patches authenticity, please feel free to post the auction number and I will be glad to give you my opinion. Happy hunting - Jeff

Yes, there were several variations of this patch as there are of most WWII Marine patches. If you have any questions concerning a patches authenticity, please feel free to post the auction number and I will be glad to give you my opinion. Happy hunting - Jeff

Thanks for your help Jeff! Here is what I was looking at...

and this one..

Tony

The first auction you posted looks like an original, the second is, as posted in the listing, a newly made reproduction.

The one you originally posted looks like a newer reproduction too.

Not sure what you are looking for, if it's for a shadow box or something either would be ok, but I'd go with an original anyway, the price difference isn't that extreme.

Agree with Jim, the first patch does look original, however, it is hard to really see the back of the patch from the photo. Second is definitely a repro.

I see one other original 260600987887. Other than that I did not see any right now. - Jeff

Agree with Jim, the first patch does look original, however, it is hard to really see the back of the patch from the photo. Second is definitely a repro.

I see one other original 260600987887. Other than that I did not see any right now. - Jeff

Thank You Jeff and Thank You Jim for your help

Tony