10th Armor uniform

MattOravik

I passed on it. Something about it bugs me, and gut instinct said pass. He also wants $110 for the reserve.

collectsmedals

In my opinion the ribbon bar has been put together and added.

As already pointed out there are two EAME ribbons.

Also, the Victory Medal and Occupation ribbons are wider than the American Campaign ribbon which is odd.

The American Campaign ribbon should take precedence over the EAME and Victory Medal.

Lastly, the Good Conduct Medal ribbon has the bar for a third award but the sleeve only has one service hash.

I agree that it looks a little suspicious. I just wonder why he would go through the trouble of piecing a jacket together, and then not put on collar brass?

Chris

CNY Militaria
I agree that it looks a little suspicious. I just wonder why he would go through the trouble of piecing a jacket together, and then not put on collar brass?

Chris

Maybe he didn't have the "right" brass to put on.

I think he said he's had it for 30 years. I don't remember exactly, but that was the reason for the high reserve. He hated to get rid of it.

pathfinder505

It could be that someone in the vet's family stuck the bars on the uniform. I doubt it was the vet. However, it causes me to have doubt and why pay for one that is messed up when you can just wait until one comes along that everything fits.

The bottom line with these type of uniforms, is that if someone knows what they are doing, they can put together a uniform for any regiment, or division, and who can tell that it is fake? Infact, because of these hoaxters, some legit uniforms are often called into question. Fortunately, this uniform doesn't fool many. But they are still bidding. Allow me to qoate our friend from "Mind of Mencia" - "Duh-deh-duh!!"

Chis