USAF COMMAND PILOT JUNGLE JACKET

INIMICUS

Guys -

I'm trying to figure a fair value on this large size 2nd Model (?) JJ. I think the shortened sleeves aren't too desireble; OTOH it seems to have theatre made insignia. (except for the rank tabs.) No rips, stains, fraying etc. And large seems desirable. I'm 6'4", 200 # and it fits me perfectly.

Thanks!

post-496-1185654239.jpg

sorry for the dbl. pictures....

Hi. The gold edge on the subdues rank denotes, I believe, Major. I think the wings with star are for Senior Pilot rather than Command Pilot; that would be more likely for a Major anyway.

That said, it's a nice jungle utility jacket.

Guys -

I'm trying to figure a fair value on this large size 2nd Model (?) JJ.

$50-100.

You see a lot of USAF uniforms with major & lietenant colonel insignia like yours (i.e., with a border). I suspect these were made in Thailand. I don't recall ever seeing an army uniform with that insignia.

Regards,

Bill

You see a lot of USAF uniforms with major & lietenant colonel insignia like yours (i.e., with a border). I suspect these were made in Thailand. I don't recall ever seeing an army uniform with that insignia.

Regards,

Bill

Many thanks all

Would be nice if were a named Air Commando one with bells-n-whistles, but for pocket change I'm not too disappointed! (It was headed for the dumpster...)

did you ask the family if they were related to the person who used that jacket? maybe you could get some history of the man that wore it?

The 1965 Air Force Register shows a Logan H. Babin, Jr. (63728A), born 16 Oct 1940, commissioned 6 Jun 62 (Air Force Academy graduate). Flew KC-135s. From Houma, Louisiana.

This might not be your man, as this one resigned as a captain in 1967, although he may have retained a reserve commission.

The 1965 Air Force Register shows a Logan H. Babin, Jr. (63728A), born 16 Oct 1940, commissioned 6 Jun 62 (Air Force Academy graduate). Flew KC-135s. From Houma, Louisiana.

This might not be your man, as this one resigned as a captain in 1967, although he may have retained a reserve commission.

MAS - No - I got this before the recent days when I realized getting a guy's "other stuff" was important!

FLOYD - that's amazing data. Do you get this from ancestry.com or straight from online search at St. Louis? Be good to find his unit as well... and yes yes any medals etc.

Thank you kindly gents!