Who is He? - A hell of a Warrior!!

Belleauwood

Belleauwood

All that know me, know that I only focus on WW1 Marines and Aviation. Thant being said, I like it all but know my limits and the space I have to work with. This uniform is the ONLY non WW1 uniform in my collection. We all know him - Do you know what he's done?

Combat Engineer 82nd Airborne Division

10th Special Forces - Airborne (Green Berets) - Demolitions, Land Mine Warfare Expert

240th Assault Helicopter Company

UH-1C Gunship

AH -1G Gunship 101st Airborne Division

1800 Combat hours

Shot Down 7 times

WIA x 4

Silver Star

57 Air Medal (4 with V)

25 Years Service

A WARRIOR

post-3422-1279064111.jpg

post-3422-1279064088.jpg

Will post the Answer later

Maj. (Ret.) Terry Morris, author United States Army Air Service Wing Badges - Uniforms and Insignia 1913-1918 (1996)

Misanthropic_Gods
Maj. (Ret.) Terry Morris, author United States Army Air Service Wing Badges - Uniforms and Insignia 1913-1918 (1996)

I do believe this is correct!

teufelhunde.ret
Impressive combat record to say the least.

Ditto!!! I doubt any Marine or Sailor in your museum would take issue with standing proudly next to this Soldier!

Hope all is well. s/f Darrell

Hey Dennis, even though I focus on WWI and WWII helmets, chaplains and medics... I always seem to have that one 'off' item in the collection that attracts everyones eye's. This one is yours, and a nice addition at that. You can be proud.

Belleauwood
Hey Dennis, even though I focus on WWI and WWII helmets, chaplains and medics... I always seem to have that one 'off' item in the collection that attracts everyones eye's. This one is yours, and a nice addition at that. You can be proud.

And Proud I am. I am deeply grateful to have a uniform from Maj. Morris! He deserves to be honored here!

And Proud I am. I am deeply grateful to have a uniform from Maj. Morris! He deserves to be honored here!

I second that! Proud to be acquainted with you Terry! (..and thanks for posting the uniforms Dennis)

Ian :salute:

I have the uniform of Major General Stonewall Jackson, commander of the 84th ID, in the early days of WWII. He doesn't fit in with my theme but, everyone looks at it when they come over. I bust with pride much the same as you do with Major Morris' uniform. There's really no way to describe the feeling.

• 8 months later...
IMPERIAL QUEST

Don't know how I missed this. If I live to be 100, I am confident that I will not encounter another person who has had such a positive effect on me. I am EXTREMELY proud to know the "Major" as I affectionately call him. There is no greater expression of such a giving heart as is displayed here. Having the uniform of a modern day warrior with a personal connection, overshadows most anything else one could have in their collection.