nam recon

msgt norway

Corpsmancollector

Ken, this is an awesome impression! I've recently read Force Recon Diary by Bruce Norton and am putting together a Marine Recon impression myself.

Keep up the good work!

The Meatcan

it's been too long since we've seen another of your excellent impressions Ken! thanks for sharing your latest; very cool :thumbsup:

Terry

Ken ,

Very nice .

Now for the hard stuff.

You have to get an extra pair of leather gloves and cut the fingers off ....more recon.

Gas mask case on the back , loose it .

Other wise nice .

owen

Your impression looks really good. The only comment I might make, and this comes from over 40 year old memory, is that I don't remember ever seeing a K-bar that was quite so reddish brown. All the ones I remember, including the one I brought home had a dark brown sheath and handle. The short bbl M-16 (XM-177E1), if I remember was a pretty rare commodity in Recon in 67-68. I had one for a short while late in my tour but had to turn it back in. The most populous individual weapon (if certainly not the most popular) was the standard M-16 with forward bolt assist and 3-prong flash suppressor (that worked well at opening the wire band on C-rats and Long-rats).

Someone else commented on leather gloves with the fingers cut off...that may have become popular later as well. As I remember, most of us didn't wear gloves of any sort, except for some of the point men, perhaps. Maybe they were more popular in 3rd recon....don't know 'bout that.

• 3 weeks later...