PASGT helmet with modified liner

StevenL

I picked this up yesterday thinking it was a MICH helmet since I couldn't read the markings and this isn't really my area but I realized in the car it's a well used PASGT helmet with an upgraded Oregon Arrow liner kit. The DCU cover is real worn, has a couple stains and the entire helmet and pads were covered in dirt and sand. I'd say this one saw some kind of use for sure.

Maybe not a MICH but I think it's a nice one for $30. :) Not only that but I'll know a MICH helmet when I see it now. :rolleyes:

IMG_0394-1.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

It's still a great helmet at a great price. These upgrade kits are part of the history and timeline of the Kevlar helmet. These were transition kits used until the MICH, ACH and other newer versions were fielded.

Yep...agree with what has been said already. Great example of a modified PASGT. If I am not mistaken, these were used for a very short period of time and is definitely part of the OEF/OIF history. Great score! :thumbsup:

EMC Militaria

Nice helmet. I was there in 03-04 and towards the end my stay, I saw some of the national guard units whose state had bought them the upgraded liner for the helmets. Good stuff to have

$30??? You got nothing to complain about, easily worth three times that much seeing it has one of the harder to find upgrades.

Thanks for all the insight, it sounds like this is a good transitional example. It's just too bad the name's not more clear on the cover.