1944 WARNER BROS PICTURES Army Nurse Corps, Blue Service Dress Uniform

TheAlliedAngels

TheAlliedAngels

Hi all!!

I write you about my recently purchase, I bought an American uniform of World War II that was used by a nurses in a movie of a Warner Bros, i'm sure of that becouse there is a label marked ''WARNER BROS PICTURES'' inside the jacket, probably was made by a tailor of warner bros studio in 1944.

There is a date on the label 03/08/1944 and is named to Marian Graham, probably the name of the actress, and its sleeve, there are signs that this was a patch rectangular or trapezoid

I would be very grateful if you can tell me in wich movie the jacket was used or any other information about.

thank you for your kind attention

I'll wait for your reply

post-8498-1278880039.jpg

post-8498-1278880056.jpg

post-8498-1278880076.jpg

IMDb shows no movie by the name Army Nurses and no actress by the name Marian Graham so Marian Graham may have been the character's name and Army Nurses a working title and later changed or maybe never released. It is probably an original jacket that was used by the studio making it desirable jacket for two reasons.

fortworthgal

I did find a "Marion Graham" actress who played a nurse in the 1946 film Cinderella Jones. If this is the same lady, she only did 4 films and was uncredited in most of them, according to IMDB.

TheAlliedAngels
I did find a "Marion Graham" actress who played a nurse in the 1946 film Cinderella Jones. If this is the same lady, she only did 4 films and was uncredited in most of them, according to IMDB.

the name is Marian and Marion Graham is incorrect in the movie cinderella Jones appears in the role of a Red Cross nurse. But here is the model used by the ANC between 1941 and 1942

thank you all for the answers!! ;)

fortworthgal

Yes, the blue is the M1940 uniform, but it was worn by many of the Nurses until the end of the war.

My guess would be that her name was misspelled either on the hat or in the film credits - as she is uncredited in the film it doesn't sound like she had a major role and so a one-letter common name slip up wouldn't be that far out of the question. I would also guess that Red Cross Nurse might be a misnomer for Nurse. I would be interested in watching Cinderella Jones to see if any of the blue ANC uniforms appear.

The only other film where I can recall seeing the blue uniforms is in So Proudly We Hail, but that was 1943.

Is that yellow piping on the epaulets? Or is that just how the photo turned out? I am wondering if this was not a real ANC uniform but one that was made as a film costume.

Now all that's left is getting a movie still with her wearing it to display with the uniform. Great find!

TheAlliedAngels

Thank you all for your help and hope to soon find the movie. I can not find some movies, like "Cinderella Jones" if anyone gets it and sees this uniform you please post some pictures of the film.

fortworthgal, I'll photo the coat, after having withdrawn from the laundry ;)