WWII USMC Camouflage Uniforms

GIJive

A great deal more carrying capacity was added to these Trousers, with roomy pouches encompassing the waist area, sealed with snapped flaps on both sides. Another improvement was dungaree buttons in place of press snaps and grommets for utilizing the web Belt Suspenders, and another experiment appeared in the form of large embroidered slots designed for the waist belt.

post-3226-0-39422200-1388802858.jpg

Just visible here, and inside one of the pocket closures, is a blue ink stamp which reads:

"PARAMOUNT PICTURES

MEN'S WARDROBE"

post-3226-0-69783000-1388804818.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey Flage Guy I've noticed you have some amazing things do you have a Depot made rivited upper pack you would sale if interested email me and I will send you a money order [email protected]

I posted this in the uniform section but I thought I'd add it here. I don't collect nor do I know anything WW2/Marine Corps camo but I got this a thrift store.

post-532-0-25773900-1435635156.jpg

• 2 months later...

Nice uniforms, I recently got a what I believe is a p44 named top and bottom. ill add some photos soon. does any one know how to get info on marines in the US. I know his name but not his history

• 5 years later...
On 9/19/2015 at 7:10 PM, jimmyduncan23 said:

Nice uniforms, I recently got a what I believe is a p44 named top and bottom. ill add some photos soon. does any one know how to get info on marines in the US. I know his name but not his history

What you have there is a clean, good-sized pair of 1942 Marine Corps Utility Trousers; the Coat is indeed a '44.

You say they're both named to the same guy?

jimmyduncan23

Yes both come from one guy. Both initialed C.K. was told his name was Charles J Kohn. The seller said it was a relative. Cant remember what. 

Thanks for the quick reply; it slipped my mind how old this thread actually is.

I almost suggested finding some '44 Trousers and a '42 Coat to "complete" both pieces, but that being an original set, that's out of the question!!

As per the green light given by author GIJive, here are a few views of the U.S. Army's HBT Camouflage Suits. Below is the 1943 Suit which was designed to replace the One-Piece Jungle Suit, which was largely disliked as being impractical in the field although it was enjoyed in the Jungle Training Grounds here in the States. It is displayed beside one of the A.G.F.'s early 1942 experiments with varying patterns and fabric, in this case being printed with jungle 'flage on the outside, and plain O.D. #3 on the inside. It is identical in layout to the Marines' 1942 Suit, and no doubt inspired the design of the '42s.

Suits, 2-Piece, Jungle #6B USMFB.JPG

The '43 Army Jungle Suit beside the '42 Marine Suit. Differing designs, but in essence the same Suits. Both of these are in identical condition: unwashed, generous-sized Trousers; the Jacket and Coat have been washed probably once, and both size 42.

Suits, 2-Piece, 'Flage, '43 Army & '42 M.C. Minto II #1 USMFB.JPG

Details of the Army Jacket...a lot more elaborate than the Marines' '42s- button enclosed pockets, frontal gas flaps, and other differences.

Suit, 2-Piece, Jungle Jacket #2A USMFS.JPG

Suit, 2-Piece, Jungle Jacket #2C USMFS.JPG

Kurt Barickman

The Rogal Group is spectacular as I mentioned in the thread you have with the rest of the group.I really enjoyed his book and have read it many times; A-1-2.

Kurt

1 hour ago, Kurt Barickman said:

The Rogal Group is spectacular as I mentioned in the thread you have with the rest of the group.I really enjoyed his book and have read it many times; A-1-2.

Kurt

Thanks again Kurt 

i feel very lucky to have this grouping and to also have read his book, really brings it home 

Arch, that Sgt. Rogal '42 Suit is just too killer 😜 😜 😜

Is the thread Kurt referred to located in the "Groupings" section?