M37? Dress Officer Emblem

Brig

this sold awhile back for 300+...looks WWII or even Korea by the patina, can't make out the hallmark. anyone know more about this emblem? eagle almost looks a lot like one of the lead varient collars we see

_BuidHZ_BWk___KGrHqJ__jIEv1_z4OPmBM_vByJqZw___3.jpg

_BuidJ6QB2k___KGrHqF__hUEv1_z_T_iBM_vB9bjeg___3.jpg

teufelhunde.ret
this sold awhile back for 300+...looks WWII or even Korea by the patina, can't make out the hallmark. anyone know more about this emblem? eagle almost looks a lot like one of the lead varient collars we see

Actually winning bid was $260 and change. Certainly is an oddity, has the pre WW1 rope pattern, no fret work on the globe, etc. However anchor chain appears not to be wire, but part of the one-piece "stamping"...? The seller stated that "Miami" was stamped on the wing, although not clear enough in the photo to define and the screw post is mounted to the eagle, not to the globe. Whats up with that? :blink: An easy decision for me.... Pass!

• 4 weeks later...
usmcaviator

I believe this is a good piece. I have seen only a handful of these in my many years of collecting. Saw one other on E-bay about 10 years ago. Made by a jeweler out of Miami, Florida. The quality leads me to believe it to be mid 1950's vintage. The piece pictured is nomal hat size. As stated, an oddball piece, and why was it constructed with a stamped chain and odd placed post? I am wondering if collars were made?

I count it worthy of collecting, as a vintage privately made piece.

Mike