Theatre made patches

hawkdriver

I thought I would take some time to upload some pictures of the local Alterations / Embrordrie (Haji) shop. These are the shops where Soldiers can go to get theater made patches and other acouterments. These pictures are of just one shop, each one has different variety of what they have. Some have more patches, some have more packs, they are all different.

First is a picture of the desert patches.

23syjxv.jpg

These are the ACU patches

282e1ao.jpg

These are the embrorderied book bag packs you can buy.

2881di1.jpg

Here are some of the non SSI patches they make

sest2d.jpg

2dmiaut.jpg

Next up are the ranks and name plates

2qwepfd.jpg

Finally, the tabs

25jilcm.jpg

Interesting and neat. I am curious if the nationality of the shop owners account for the variations we find. In general, what are the prices like?

Wow, great photos. I'd be like a kid in a candy store there. I'm especially intrigued by any logistic/sustainment unit patches. So the DCU 184 Trans Group, 49th QM Group and the ACU 4th Sust Bde and 37th Trans Group really caught my eye. Any theater made rigger badges by chance?

Generally $5 for the tabs, rank, $5 for pre-made patches up to $20 for the larger non descript patches. If you want a specific patch made, then it is more. A SSI patch I'm having made for another memeber is $7 apeice, however, you have to order 15.

Most of the people running the shops are Paki's, Indo's, and some Indians, they turn them in three days, so I believe they make them here in country. When I was here last time, I had a name plate made and I actually watched the guy free hand sew my name on the patch, it is awsome to watch them work.

Wow, great photos. I'd be like a kid in a candy store there. I'm especially intrigued by any logistic/sustainment unit patches. So the DCU 184 Trans Group, 49th QM Group and the ACU 4th Sust Bde and 37th Trans Group really caught my eye. Any theater made rigger badges by chance?

Not that i've seen, but I am not a patch collector, so I haven't been looking either. I am not versed on unit patches unless it is the big, well known patches like 101, 82nd, 1st inf ect. If you are wanting any, you have to send me a picture of what you want or identify in the picture which one and I can pick them up. I only have a week left here, so not got a lot of time here, but when I go north, I'm sure they will be the same up there.

Hawkdriver,

Those photos are almost enough to make me want to go back! Well, maybe not. Especially not after I realized that I have everyone of those SSI already (probably many from that exact same shop).

Thanks for posting those photos of original theater made patches in their native environment.

Vance

Hawkdriver,

Those photos are almost enough to make me want to go back! Well, maybe not. Especially not after I realized that I have everyone of those SSI already (probably many from that exact same shop).

Thanks for posting those photos of original theater made patches in their native environment.

Vance

Hey, glad to see you back online, was wondering where you disappeared.

Ya, I always felt it was best to photograph the wildlife in it's natural settings :) There is actually a better store down the road that has a better selection of pre-made patches, right in the main food court area, this one is over closer to DIFAC 2.

I know I have been in that shop. Do they still have the funny ACU sombreos? The ones that are like boonie hats on crack? I really wanted to pick one of those up, but didn't.

Mike

No, actually they didn't. This time, they have the backpacks shown, the M-16 dust covers, and the ACU aprons. I'm betting that if you ask, you can probably still get them though. The best shop ever was the one up in Balad, it had stuff that I have never seen since. I'm hoping that where I will be, it has built up and will be like the Balad shop.

Robswashashore

Finally! A patch that I have actually earned! (Power Point!)

I knew that we Administrative Assistants kicked a**, but a tab, now THAT is stylin! :evilgrin:

You are taking orders right?

Yes, I will. What I do is have you take the pictures I provided and circle what you want, I go in with my computer, pointee-talkee with the shop guy and then mail them out. I have to buy an envelope that runs from $1 to $2, depending on size. Shipping is a dollar or two. I'll let you know what the total is and you pay by paypal. I jsut ask not to get to expensive as I usually only have about $100 on my card at any given time. Also, I leave it to you to decide what my time is worth to you for doing this, tips are welcome as it is a mile round trip walk and oh ya, it's 122 out today :)

I had a name plate made and I actually watched the guy free hand sew my name on the patch, it is awsome to watch them work.

by chance, can you take some pictures of these guys doing theater made personalisations (patches, armband name tapes,...) ? These pictures will become historical !

Robswashashore
it is a mile round trip walk and oh ya, it's 122 out today

What, the Army doesn't provide an air-conditioned shuttle bus for these trips?????!!!!!

Robswashashore

T

hese are the ACU patches

Reduced: 80% of original size [ 640 x 480 ] - Click to view full image

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but that round patch up in the top right corner almost out of the photo -- I've seen it before and for the life of me it looks like a bouquet of flowers? Can anyone id it for me?

by chance, can you take some pictures of these guys doing theater made personalisations (patches, armband name tapes,...) ? These pictures will become historical !

The stores here, the people sewing are behind a wall. I will see what the place has where I am going. In Balad, they sat right behind the counter doing the work. I will document it as I can.

Rob, ya, they have a shuttle bus, but you have to wait an hour for it most the time, then another hour to get back. And you still end up walking from the bus point to where you need to go, so just easier to hump the whole thing.

Today, I wasn't thinking, so I am going to end up making three full round trips because I didn't plan well. That is on me though, PPPPPPP if you know what that means.

T

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but that round patch up in the top right corner almost out of the photo -- I've seen it before and for the life of me it looks like a bouquet of flowers? Can anyone id it for me?

The patch you ask is this one ;

Alabama%20National%20Guard.JPG

It's Alabama National Guard SSI. It's cotton flower ;

cotton-plant.jpg

Hope this helps.

P-E

Robswashashore
The patch you ask is this one ;

Alabama%20National%20Guard.JPG

It's Alabama National Guard SSI. It's cotton flower ;

cotton-plant.jpg

Hope this helps.

P-E

Thanks PE! My mother was a native Mississippian, I should have recognized a cotton boll when I saw one!

Someone was wanting to know how they did some of the sewing of this stuff. Here is a M-16 receiver cover that Pvt Tamura requested and this guy is free hand sewing his name on it.

15exbr.jpg

23uwzdv.jpg

Thanks for pictures ! It'll be historical pictures in the future. If you can take other pictures, do not hesitate ! THANKS !