Green Beret with early SF-Vietnam Flash !

butcher

I have seen green berets with such early SF beret flashes only in books, this is the first example i have seen for sale, therefore i would need some advice concerning the flash itself which is an example worn by some SF personnel in Vietnam before the introduction of the 5th SFGA, the beret as i said seems correct to me, early Fleur de Lis stamp ( 1962 ) looks as it should but what bothers me is that the SF flash crest is a later version which shouldn't be attached to an early flash as this one but the earlier SF crest as i have on a 1962 Fleur de Lis green beret with an earlier 1st SFG flash version (Okinawa flash without the black mourning band ) but then it could also be just as a replacement , thanks a lot :thumbsup:

BRRNwWkKGrHqUOKiEEwPt9JhpBMMjYEoew_.jpg

BRREkQWkKGrHqIOKkQEwODCfvCLBMMipc9w.jpg

005-19.jpg

Beau-Brummel

Nyet, Nein, Non, No!

leave It alone, I think you will find this badge Is a modern repro!

Guy.

I have seen green berets with such early SF beret flashes only in books, this is the first example i have seen for sale, therefore i would need some advice concerning the flash itself which is an example worn by some SF personnel in Vietnam before the introduction of the 5th SFGA, the beret as i said seems correct to me, early Fleur de Lis stamp ( 1962 ) looks as it should but what bothers me is that the SF flash crest is a later version which shouldn't be attached to an early flash as this one but the earlier SF crest as i have on a 1962 Fleur de Lis green beret with an earlier 1st SFG flash version (Okinawa flash without the black mourning band ) but then it could also be just as a replacement , thanks a lot :thumbsup:

BRRNwWkKGrHqUOKiEEwPt9JhpBMMjYEoew_.jpg

BRREkQWkKGrHqIOKkQEwODCfvCLBMMipc9w.jpg

005-19.jpg

Thanks a lot Beau , had a wrong feeling about that badge, just didn't look right to me as well but wanted to hear other opinions, thanks again :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I was issued 3 of those SF (skull) DUIs by 7th Group in 1966. They were old style then, I remember an old crusty SGM asking me where I got them, supply must have been cleaning house that day. I believe they were originally manufactured around '58, so they would not be a reason to question the authenticity of a 1962 beret.

Beau-Brummel
I was issued 3 of those SF (skull) DUIs by 7th Group in 1966. They were old style then, I remember an old crusty SGM asking me where I got them, supply must have been cleaning house that day. I believe they were originally manufactured around '58, so they would not be a reason to question the authenticity of a 1962 beret.

He's removed the photos of the fake I was referring to. I wasn't referring to the DUI but rather a reproduction shield In one of the other pics.

Yours, Guy.

He's removed the photos of the fake I was referring to. I wasn't referring to the DUI but rather a reproduction shield In one of the other pics.

Yours, Guy.

As they say, "a day late and a dollar short"!! :)