Made it

hawkdriver

hawkdriver

Hit the ground here in Kuwait, stepped off the plane into a 119 degree hair dryer. This place truely sucks. Haji shops are still intact, so if you have anything you are looking for, theatre made, drop me a PM and I will check items as I can.

Misanthropic_Gods

Glad to see you made it in safe and sound....119 degrees...It was only 101 here a few days ago, and I thought that was hot!

I might be sending you a PM within the next day or so if I can think of anything theater made that is on my list.

Corpsmancollector

Hawk,

I'm not looking for anything, but just wanted to say glad you made it over there safely and look after yourself! :thumbsup:

I'll take a 5 lb bag of sand from the area known as the hwy of death near Kuwait

That's a heck of a souvenir :blink:

hawkdriver

It made it up to 122 today before the winds did a 180 shift and cooled way down, its 2115 now and only 105 outside, rather chilly. They are saying it will be up to 127 as a heat wave rolls through. I can handle the heat, it's the 15 mph winds that make it miserable.

I can send a bag of sand, but the shipping will be astronomical as I will have to heavily bribe a cusotoms guy to let that through the mail! One of those forbidden items.

Yes, tex, it is a dry heat. You can walk all day and draw a bead of sweat, but step out of the heat into a building and it feels like someone threw a bottle of water on you.

Thanks all for the well wishes.

Johnny Signor

Hey dude, glad you safe and sound and on the ground ! You take care and keep your head down ,or should I say up and all around, anyway, keep safe and get back home asap !

Actually, we had a weather phenomena happen, the winds changed 180 degrees, went to light and variable, and a cold front came thorugh. It is expected to only get up to 109 today and was in the 90's last night. This is supposed to last for two days, then as the perverbial joke goes, back on your heads, on Monday.

Cobrahistorian

Stay safe bud. I bumped into one of your E-7s at EAATS a few weeks ago. Good dude.

If you're taking requests, keep an eye out for theater made attack unit patches for me!

Take care bro and be safe.

Jon

take care Hawk and be safe - I salute :salute: and thank you for your time - good hunting :twothumbup:-- Pete

Stay safe bud. I bumped into one of your E-7s at EAATS a few weeks ago. Good dude.

If you're taking requests, keep an eye out for theater made attack unit patches for me!

Take care bro and be safe.

Jon

I just posted a thread on theatre made patches. I will keep my eyes open for you, not a lot of attack left in country anymore.

market garden
Hawk

If you see Osama Bin strolling by, accuse him of adultery. Do you not mean"Donkiery"?I am so bad.

ah...Kuwait...they used to do a bazaar on Thursdays at Ali al Saleem with a dealer that had some WWII Russian and German wares...mostly dug...and just as many fantasy pieces

In MASH Radar sent a jeep home one piece at a time. If you find a Garand could you sent me it one piece at a time?

Cheers

A sweltering 88 degrees during our visit to Des Moines this weekend... thunderstorms tomorrow. Parts of Iowa recovering from flash flooding. Are you sure we are on the same planet?

Stay safe!

I don't think so, those CARS are never safe. Besides, there is an entire CAB there now, so best go back on vacation for awhile longer :)

Hey, stay safe buddy! A group of guys from my unit just got back from there, they said it's pretty quiet. Let me know if you find any cool in country made stuff, I may like to buy some.

Hey, stay safe buddy! A group of guys from my unit just got back from there, they said it's pretty quiet. Let me know if you find any cool in country made stuff, I may like to buy some.

There is a whole thread on country made stuff that I have going.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...c=81228&hl=

If you want anything specific, wait until I get up in country, won't have much time left here to get anything done. Just send a picture or a very good description of what you want and I can do it.