1908-12 Officers EGA

normaninvasion

I don't like the pins...the birds look fine, but the pins irk me. any sign of having had screwposts as one time?

of course I may be mistaken and the pins may be just fine. was this the pair that recently sold on eBay?

normaninvasion

No didn't get them on ebay, pins looked strange to me as well, then again I have no expierence with these. No signs of screw post. Clasp and pin, looks like good construction, whole thing fake?

teufelhunde.ret
No didn't get them on ebay, pins looked strange to me as well, then again I have no expierence with these. No signs of screw post. Clasp and pin, looks like good construction, whole thing fake?

Not to worry, perfectly legit pre WW1 pinback set for the collars (at the time pinback were more prevelent than screwback). Take a look here for a set from fellow forum member Dennis (Belleauwood). I believe he now has two sets of pinback...!

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=28815

Where did you make this find? Great find...

normaninvasion

Pm sent! Thanks again Darrell for helping me muddle through the sea of egas :thumbsup:

Belleauwood
I don't like the pins...the birds look fine, but the pins irk me. any sign of having had screwposts as one time?

of course I may be mistaken and the pins may be just fine. was this the pair that recently sold on eBay?

Drop dead real - Looks like the set on a tunic that recently sold thru a NE dealer - Nice!

Dennis

normaninvasion
Drop dead real - Looks like the set on a tunic that recently sold thru a NE dealer - Nice!

Dennis

:whistling:

• 4 weeks later...
usmcaviator

You can find three types of examples of these. The first are post backed, the second is pinback (as seen to start the post), the third is where the posts have been removed and pins applied. I have all three in my collection and they are all perfectly legit examples.

Mike