I don't get it

hawkdriver

Admitedly it is in mint condition but.......i dont get it either....as for the instructions as far as i am aware they came with the bag...does the phrase"A fool and his money....etc"

Personally i would not have paid more than 120 for that item

But....if one has lots of money and one really wants one....then price is no object....thats the problem with e-bay....cant rely on it for valuations

If you know your stuff....then you know what its worth

PS only paid 160 for mine....complete P68 frame and bag

hawkdriver

If you look close, it is a rivet frame, the straps show dirt and wear. At best, that frame is worth $120. Maybe someone needs it for the pack board, who knows.

My guess is someone wanted the instructions sheet bad. They are hard to find but still the price is ridiculous.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread but the reason the lightweight ruck frame is in such high demand over a complete ruck set is that while a complete set appeals to VN collectors, the frame itself is prized by currently serving airborne forces especially in Canada (where the lightweight ruck was adopted as the 64 Pattern Ruck) over the ALICE ruck frame. Several current Canadian gear manufacturers including Drop Zone Tactical make a modified and pretty expensive updated ruck set specifically for this frame. There simply aren't that many examples of the frame left in military stores and troops buy em wherever they find em often paying top dollar ;) .