Moths

Bank Vault

We scare them silly with a picture of our mothers-in-law .....

No seriously, I personally see to it that the room is ventilated properly and check the uniforms on regular basis.

Also - because mothballs smell terrible - I use those wooden things available against moths. They work fine for me.

There are other ways too.

Check elsewhere here as this has been covered in another topic if I recall correctly.

Erwin

CNY Militaria

Cedar works well. I have also used scented moth balls that don't leave that trademark odor.

the best way is the freezer when i become new patches or uniforms i do everything for one week in the freezer

they have no chance twothumbup.gif

the best way is the freezer when i become new patches or uniforms i do everything for one week in the freezer

they have no chance twothumbup.gif

I was told by a guy from the National Army Museum over here that the best way is to put items sealed in a plastic bag in the freezer for a couple of days, get them out for a couple of days and then put it back in again. The idea is that some cocoons might survive the first freeze, but when it gets warmer (when taken out of the freezer) the larvae 'think' the cold is over and they will pop out and start their gourmet. Putting the item back in the freezer just before that moment will surely kill everything that was left. This is the method the museum uses for all its woolen stuff.

Greetz ;)

David

I put all wool uniforms inside those inclosed portable clothes racks. Metal frame with plastic and cloth outside. Front opens with zippers. Bought mine at WalMart. Then hang Moth Cakes inside little plastic cases. I then put herbal repellent on the bottom of the rack. Then I treat the whole room with Ortho Home defense. I have an AC which keeps the humidity down. I also hang Moth repellent around the room near the wool uniforms on display. Never have had a problem seeing a moth. I have to watch out for crickets. The home defense works on them