How to Remove Glue Gunk?

The Canadian

The Canadian

Two of my BDU Shirts, US Air Force Woodland and a US Air Force DCU have glue gunk on sleeves and front pockets. I've found that ironing and hand washing has helped a little to get the gunk off the less stubborn spots, but for the most part the gunk continues to allude me.

Are there any solutions? While I'm not against buying actual goo-off type stuff, I'm not a fan of it. I've had bad experiences in the past, with a t-shirt becoming discoloured and the goo-off destroying the quality of the material.

Help me out?

Thank you in advance!

I have used a product called Un-Do...worked great but hard to find here. Or, you can type in "How to remove glue residue from clothing" on google a bunch of links pop up that may help you.

pbuchh7715
Two of my BDU Shirts, US Air Force Woodland and a US Air Force DCU have glue gunk on sleeves and front pockets. I've found that ironing and hand washing has helped a little to get the gunk off the less stubborn spots, but for the most part the gunk continues to allude me.

Greetings,

Since you ironed the glue, you may be out of luck. In the future, if its a fabric glue or something like Elmer's, warm water along with patience and a little finger rubbing can do the trick. WARM is the key, not hot.

I would AVOID any petroleum based solvent like WD-40 or anything like "Goo-be-Gone" as you're almost guaranteed to stain the fabric. Some adhesives you just cant remove without damaging the textile.

Good luck,

Pete