Beachmaster. Unit II. Patch

General Apathy

General Apathy

post-344-1278163747.jpg

Hi Forum Members & Readers,

Would appreciate any help with identification and dating on this patch please and if possible where used .

I inherited this patch from a deceased friend, I think he bought it back in the 1970's or so, I remember it in a frame at his house for many years.

Cheers Lewis

Hi Ken. That's a rare one...never seen one like it before. I'll follow this thread with interest to see what it throws up!

Ian ;)

General Apathy
Hi Ken. That's a rare one...never seen one like it before. I'll follow this thread with interest to see what it throws up!

Ian ;)

Hi Ian, Thanks, I hope someone on here can i.d. it for me, also never been able to figure out what he is stood or riding on, that's another question. :think:

Cheers Ken

General Apathy
I think those are lightning bolts representing communication in "pulling" in the craft....

You can get started here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beachmaster_Unit_Two

http://www.bmu2.surfor.navy.mil/default.aspx

-Ski

Hi Ski, thanks for the fast reply and links to look at, :thumbsup: will delve into that later this evening when I am back indoors.

Cheers Ken

post-2104-1278167509.jpg

In the upper right is a BMU2 patch that I received fro a BMU2 member in '90. This version was worn on the woodland cammies. I remember two other variations of this design, one for wear on the DCU and an earlier full color version that was worn on the solid OD green uniforms. I served in East Coast Amphibious ships from 1990 to 1999, and we always carried BMU2 detachments. their Signalmen would be detailed to my signal bridge, along with their Radiomen going to the Radio Shack. this patch (and the various color combinations depending on the uniform being worn) was the only patch they wore during that time.

Steve Hesson

General Apathy
post-2104-1278167509.jpg

In the upper right is a BMU2 patch that I received fro a BMU2 member in '90. This version was worn on the woodland cammies. I remember two other variations of this design, one for wear on the DCU and an earlier full color version that was worn on the solid OD green uniforms. I served in East Coast Amphibious ships from 1990 to 1999, and we always carried BMU2 detachments. their Signalmen would be detailed to my signal bridge, along with their Radiomen going to the Radio Shack. this patch (and the various color combinations depending on the uniform being worn) was the only patch they wore during that time.

Steve Hesson

Hi Steve, thanks for coming in on this enquiry, and thanks for showing the patches, the one I have shown must be some what earlier than the o.d. version, so the quest goes on to see if this particular design can be dated.

Cheers Ken

Hi Steve, thanks for coming in on this enquiry, and thanks for showing the patches, the one I have shown must be some what earlier than the o.d. version, so the quest goes on to see if this particular design can be dated.

Cheers Ken

I should have added that the full color version that I have seen of this patch has the outside ring with the motto in darl blue, and the motto and outer edge in gold/yellow. By the way, for what it's worth, the flag being held in the first patch of this thread is a beach marker flag for "Red Beach 2".

Steve

General Apathy
I should have added that the full color version that I have seen of this patch has the outside ring with the motto in darl blue, and the motto and outer edge in gold/yellow. By the way, for what it's worth, the flag being held in the first patch of this thread is a beach marker flag for "Red Beach 2".

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for coming back in again especially with the information on the flag, that I would not have known being a land-lubber.

Cheers Lewis

General Apathy
Here is what I think is a variation of this patch.

Hi Tonomachi, thanks for your addition of the patch :thumbsup: , very nice one and much clearer quality of the design and easier to see the thunderbolts, even the landing craft are better defined as well.

Have you managed to find a date priod for your patch at all.

Cheers Lewis

Hi Tonomachi, thanks for your addition of the patch :thumbsup: , very nice one and much clearer quality of the design and easier to see the thunderbolts, even the landing craft are better defined as well.

Have you managed to find a date priod for your patch at all.

Cheers Lewis

This is an edge cut patch that does not glow under a black light but my guess is that it is 60s era maybe late 50s however this is just a guess.

• 11 years later...